Request for consultation
Introduce your students to the latest industry-leading website development practices with the newest book in the remarkable Shelly Cashman Series®. For more than three decades, the Shelly Cashman Series® has effectively introduced computer skills to millions of students. Now, Minnick and Friedrichsen’s WEB DESIGN WITH HTML5 AND CSS3: INTRODUCTORY, 8E makes a huge leap forward, bringing today’s best practice in website development into focus with meaningful applications. The web page development process starts with a semantic wireframe and weaves proven principles of responsive design into each chapter. This edition contains a raft of fresh new projects that logically build in complexity and also probe for understanding. This edition and accompanying teaching resources strive to not only help you teach valid HTLM and CSS, but also help you reveal deeper conceptual issues essential to the field of web development.
- NEW HANDS-ON PROJECTS ADDRESS SIGNIFICANT TRENDS AND TODAY’S BEST PRACTICE. Students work with current projects that reflect the latest developments in the field of web development, such as flexible grids, responsive web design, and mobile-first strategies.
- UPDATED CONTENT COVERS THE LATEST HTML5 and CSS3 STANDARDS. This edition introduces new tags, attributes, and properties that are now part of HTML5 and CSS3.
- NEW CHAPTERS COVER AUDIO AND VIDEO MEDIA, SOCIAL MEDIA, AND WEBSITE MAINTENANCE. New content shows students how to use built-in media support to easily embed media. Additional content guides students in fully utilizing HTML5 social media add-ons and more. Students also study the essentials of effective website maintenance.
- CUMULATIVE END-OF-CHAPTER EXERCISES PROVIDE ROBUST REVIEW. New, meaningful hands-on exercises reinforce chapter content and demonstrate how to apply the concepts students are learning.
- HANDS ON EXERCISES PROVIDE A DEEPER LOOK AT ESSENTIAL WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT ISSUES. Significant practice opportunities at the end of each chapter give students an opportunity to review topics critical for creating progressive websites, such as validation, online resources, and best professional practice.
- INSTRUCTION CLEARLY GUIDES STUDENTS THROUGH PUBLISHING COMPLETED WEBSITES AND ATTRACTING CUSTOMERS. Easy-to-follow directions and helpful professional insights help you teach students to take a website through publication and promotion.
- TEXT MATERIAL EMPHASIZES HOW TO DESIGN A WEBSITE FOR MOBILE AND DESKTOP DEVICES. This forward-looking book clearly demonstrates how to create websites for today’s popular mobile, tablet, and desktop devices using responsive design.
- STUDENTS LEARN TO MAKE BEST USE OF THE LATEST HTML5 CAPABILITIES. Insights and clear direction throughout this edition guide students through the details of building a complete and effective website with today’s most up-to-date tools.
- INSIGHTFUL TIPS AND ADVICE GUIDE LEARNERS IN USING NEW CSS3 STYLES TO ATTRACT CUSTOMERS. Your students gain the skills needed to fully utilize the potential of CSS3 styles to create appealing web design that attracts and retains customers.
- COVERAGE ADDRESSES HOW TO EFFECTIVELY USE SOCIAL MEDIA WITHIN A WEBSITE. Students learn the keys to embedding social media and building socially interactive websites.
2. Build a Website with HTML5
3. Enhance a Website with Links and Images.
4. Style a Website with CSS.
A. HTML Quick Reference.
B. CSS Quick Reference.
C. Web Safe Colors.
D. Accessibility Standards and the Web.
E. Symbols and Characters Quick Reference.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Companion Website
Find all of the time-saving resources you need to support your course at your fingertips with this helpful, password-protected Instructor Companion Site. Download support materials as you need them.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.