Request for consultation
GUIDE TO WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS, 3rd Edition is designed for an entry level course in wireless data communications. The text covers the fundamentals wireless communications and provides an overview of protocols, transmission methods, and IEEE standards. GUIDE TO WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS, 3rd Edition examines the broad range of wireless communications technologies available beginning with the basics of radio frequency and wireless data transmission and progressing to the protocols and mechanisms that every wirless network technician should understand. Key topics cover several technologies for Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs), Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs), Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks (WMANs), and Wireless Wide Area Networks (WWANs) giving an overview of the most current cellular and satellite communications. Key topics include Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs), Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs), Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks (WMANs), and Wireless Wide Area Networks (WWANs).
- A thorough discussion on wireless communications in the modern business world helps students visualize themselves in Information Technology careers.
- Includes an updated list of standards, industry associations and allicances, enhanced coverage of antennas providing, and more hands-on labs.
- Expanded discussion of dual-band operation, MIMO and Beam-forming, 3G UMTS and 4G LTE.
- New content on mesth networking, WMM, Wi-Fi Direct, Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems (WIPS) and rogue detection, wireless security considerations.
- Covers different wireless networks, including personal area networks, local area networks, metropolitan area networks, and wide area networks along with the implementation, security, and business applications for each.
- Survey of wireless communications while providing technical overview of different types of wireless technologies.
- Explores digital and analog data transmission over a wireless medium, including issues related to various protocols, encoding, error detection and correction as well as security.
- Features extensive learning tools, including learning objectives, chapter content, chapter summaries, key terms & definitions, review questions, hands-on projects, and case projects.
- Promotes key information connecting Information Technology and Radio Frequency for data communications, and serves as a solid platform for future training.
2. Wireless Data Transmission.
3. Understanding Radio Frequency Communications.
4. How Antennas Work.
5. Low Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks.
6. High-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks.
7. Wi-Fi (Wireless Local Area Networks).
8. Wi-Fi (Wlan) Security.
9. WMAN – Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks.
10. WWAN – Wireless Wide Area Networks.
11. RFID – Radio Frequency Identification.
12. Wireless Communication In Business.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Companion Website
Find everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, instructor’s manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.