Request for consultation
GUIDE TO NETWORKING ESSENTIALS provides students with both the knowledge and hands-on skills necessary to work with network operating systems in a network administration environment. By focusing on troubleshooting and computer networking technologies, this book offers a comprehensive introduction to networking and to advances in software, wireless and network security. Challenge Labs and Hands-On Projects are directly integrated in each chapter to allow for a hands-on experience in the classroom. Updated content reflects the latest networking technologies and operating systems including new Ethernet standards, cloud computing, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and recent Linux distributions.
- The latest networking technologies and operating systems are covered, including cloud computing, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and recent Linux distributions.
- Expanded coverage on IPv6, network security, wireless standards, network switches, and routing keeps up with the latest trends in networking.
- All new hands-on projects allow you to apply the concepts you learn in the chapter.
- A new feature of this book, the “Critical Thinking” section, offers challenge labs and case projects at the end of each chapter so students are challenged to analyze, evaluate and approach problems creatively.
- By focusing on troubleshooting, students are prepared for professional challenges faced in the industry.
- Extensive learning tools, such as chapter summaries, review questions, and key terms are included to help students practice skills as they learn them.
- Coverage of the latest operating systems in addition to advances in software, wireless and security provide students with the most up-to-date material.
- Hands-On Activities, Case Projects and Challenge Labs help students apply what they have learned, as well as train students use networking technology on the job.
- Simulations and Drag-and-drop exercises in the Student Companion Site help students grasp difficult networking concepts.
2. Network Hardware Essentials.
3. Network Topologies and Technologies.
4. Network Media.
5. Network Protocols.
6. IP Addressing.
7. Network Reference Models and Standards.
8. Network Hardware in Depth.
9. Introduction to Network Security.
10. Wide Area Networking and Cloud Computing.
11. Network Operating System Fundamentals.
12. Network Management and Administration.
13. Troubleshooting and Support.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Web Site
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.