Request for consultation
Groups, Planning, and Leadership Skills presents students with a comprehensive and balanced approach to learning the essential skills for both group planning and group leadership. Detailed information is included about leading culturally heterogeneous and homogenous groups, leading psychotherapy groups, handling critical incidents in groups, and applying individual counseling skills in the group setting. All discussions are illustrated by real-world applications.
- In-Chapter Case Examples demonstrate the use of the individual skill in a group setting.
- End-of-Chapter Integrative Case Examples show the use of sets of skills in a group setting.
- Exercises for Active Learning help students review their understanding and rehearse new skills.
- Ethics Pointers help students apply the American Counseling Association Code of Ethics.
- Yalom's Therapeutic Factor Reminders indicate situations when leader interventions activate specific therapeutic factors.