Request for consultation
Through ongoing research into students' workflows and preferences, GOVT 9 from 4LTR Press combines an easy-reference, paperback textbook with chapter review cards and an innovative online experience -- all at an affordable price. Students explore GOVT anywhere, anytime, and on most devices with GOVT Online. With the intuitive StudyBits™ functionality, students can visually monitor their own progress. Coupled with straightforward course management, assessment, and analytics for instructors, GOVT 9 with GOVT Online engages students of all generations and learning styles, and it integrates seamlessly into your American Government course. GOVT Online features Major Players in American Government profiles, and the most up-to-date information available through the 2016 Presidential Election.
- Created through a deep investigation of students' challenges and workflows both broadly and in American Government, GOVT 9 Online from 4LTR PRESS enables students to study how and when they want -- including on their devices!
- With the unique StudyBits™ functionality, students easily collect notes and create StudyBits™ from interactive content to collect what's important. Intuitive tagging and filtering options help students maximize their study efforts as they make flashcards, take practice quizzes, view related content, and track their progress all in one place!
- Coupled with straightforward course management, assessment, and analytics for instructors, GOVT 9 with GOVT 9 Online engages students of all generations and learning styles, and integrates seamlessly into your course, setting the stage for thinking critically about American Government.
- GOVT 9 contains 18 new features. Some of the most significant include: America at Odds: Do the Police Use Excessive Force against African Americans? (Chapter 5); Join the Debate: Is "Political Correctness" a Real Problem? (Chapter 5); America at Odds: How Should the Republicans Respond to Trump's Voters? (Chapter 7); Perception vs. Reality: Is the Word Socialism Still Poison in U.S. Political Campaigns? (Chapter 9); and Join the Debate: What Should We Do About Unauthorized Immigrants? (Chapter 15).
- Because GOVT is updated every year, the topics are thoroughly up to date. Carefully chosen feature topics allow you to introduce topics in class that can inspire interest among your students. For example, you can use topics such as police behavior and political correctness to link American politics directly to the lives of your students. Features on Republican reactions to Trump and on Sanders' socialism let you pinpoint ways in which the recent elections have shed new light on the attitudes of American voters.
- Election 2016 features in seven chapters provide ample explanation of the 2016 election results, not only at the presidential level but also for Congress and the states. Also discussed are issues such as the number of women and minority group members elected, the impact of campaign finance, and the accuracy of public opinion polls.
- Content has been updated to include details on the 2016 elections; discussion of Supreme Court decisions through June 2016; developments in the latest civil rights issues and concerns; and much more!
- Every 4LTR Press solution comes with an engaging print textbook, tear-out review cards, and an interactive digital solution, which offers study tools and the full text narrative, all delivered and influenced by a deep understanding of student's workflow and learning styles. Available as print with online, print only, or online only.
- Shorter, comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format that increases the number of students who read the chapter without minimizing coverage for your course.
- Revised America at Odds, Join the Debate, and Perception vs. Reality features provide timely new examples of relevant topics for student understanding of government today.
- The Internet Resources chapter-ending box has been moved to GOVT Online, and two key websites from each chapter have been added online as a quick-view guide for students interested in exploring these sites.
Take Action: A Guide to Political Participation.
Part I: THE FOUNDATIONS OF OUR AMERICAN SYSTEM.
1. America in the 21st Century.
2. The Constitution.
Part II: OUR LIBERTIES AND RIGHTS.
4. Civil Liberties.
5. Civil Rights.
Part III: THE POLITICS OF DEMOCRACY.
6. Interest Groups.
7. Political Parties.
8. Public Opinion and Voting.
9. Campaigns and Elections.
10. Politics and the Media.
Part IV: INSTITUTIONS.
12. The Presidency.
13. The Bureaucracy.
14. The Judiciary.
Part V: PUBLIC POLICY.
15. Domestic Policy.
16. Foreign Policy.
Appendix A: The Declaration of Independence.
Appendix B: The Constitution of the United States.
Appendix C: Federalist Papers No. 10 and No. 51.
Appendix D: Information on U.S. Presidents. (ONLINE)
Appendix E: Party Control of Congress since 1900. (ONLINE)
“I used all aspects of the 4LTR Press solutions. I found them very helpful study tools.”
"The online help was great. The games made it so it wasn't boring and I retained more of the information."
"I like the online quizzes. They are very helpful. So are the chapter review cards. I use them before each exam."