Request for consultation
GAME DEVELOPMENT WITH UNITY shows you how to use the Unity game engine, a multiplatform engine and editor in one, to build games that can be played on just about any platform available, from the web to the Wii and even on smartphones. Unity's simple interface, friendly development environment, and wide-ranging support of all popular gaming platforms make it perfect for new developers or those looking to create games with an easy, efficient, and inexpensive game engine. Throughout the book you'll learn all the important interface commands, how to set up and organize your project, and all the basics of getting a 3D game up and running, from character importation to scripting to audio. Basic game and level design theory are taught in tandem with specific skills so you can build your game development skill set. The book is divided into five parts, with each chapter within a part covering a single concept, and new concepts are taught using step-by-step tutorials and questions, as well as through a comprehensive game project built throughout the book. GAME DEVELOPMENT WITH UNITY covers everything from building game assets, to adding interactivity, to polishing your finished game and publishing it, and provides you with all the information you need to create your own games using Unity.
- Covers all the key features of the Unity game engine and editor.
- New skills and concepts are taught using step-by-step tutorials, questions, and projects.
- The accompanying CD-Rom includes all the game assets, HTML resource files, the finished game built throughout the book, and any additional resources needed to complete the exercises in the book.
3. An Overview of the Unity Engine.
4. Your First Game: Where to Start?
PART 2: ASSEMBLING THE GAME ASSETS.
5. Setting the Stage with Terrain.
6. Building Your Environment: Importing Basic Custom Assets.
7. Creating Characters.
PART 3. BRINGING YOUR PROPS TO LIFE WITH INTERACTIVITY.
8. Scripting in Unity.
9. Writing the Character and State Controller Scripts.
10. Hooking Up the Animations.
11. Using Triggers and Creating Environment Interactions.
12. Building Adversaries and AI.
13. Designing the Game's GUI (Graphical User Interface).
PART 4: POLISH AND THE FINISHING TOUCHES.
14. Creating Lighting and Shadows.
15. Using Particle Systems.
16. Adding Audio and Music.
PART 5: PUBLISHING AND DISTRIBUTING BUILDS.
17. Basic Unity Debugging and Optimization.
18. Creating the Final Build.
PART 6. APPENDIXES AND OTHER RESOURCES.
Appendix A: Shortcuts and Hotkeys.
Appendix B: Common Classes.
Appendix C: Going Forward.
Appendix D: Resources and References.
Appendix E: Glossary.