Request for consultation
Cengage Learning’s FUNDAMENTALS OF WORLD REGIONAL GEOGRAPHY brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools along with comprehensive text content for one semester/quarter courses. Adopt the resources that enable your students to purchase the right solution to meet their needs, whether it’s a traditional printed text, all digital learning platform, or package that includes the best of both worlds. With the recently updated Fundamentals of World Regional Geography 4th Edition and MindTap interactive teaching and learning tools, it’s never been easier to introduce students to the eight world regions, including the historical, cultural, economic, political, and physical aspects that create regional unity, give them personality, and make them newsworthy.
- Critical content of previous editions is retained, but this is the most extensive revision to date. Almost all of the maps are new or newly designed. Cartographer Andrew Dolan and the author tie the maps tightly to the content so students learn efficiently, while developing skills interpreting maps.
- The book is more thematic than in previous editions. Fritz Gritzner’s big geographic question, “What is where, why there, and why care?,” leads students to concepts and themes that span the world’s regions. The definitive “18 Standards of Geography” authored by the National Council for Geographic Education served as a constant reference in writing the text.
- A new feature entitled “Life in . . . ,” where a resident of that region discusses land and life in a particular country, offers students a unique insight into one person’s real life experiences.
- GEOGRAPHY OF boxes feature various focal points of geography, delving into cultural specifics of each region and bringing consistent attention to issues of ethnicity, language, and religion. Some topics include, Geography of Energy, Geography of Drug Trafficking, Medical Geography, Geography of the Sacred, and Geography of Terrorism.
- REGIONAL PERSPECTIVES illustrate the relevance of geographic issues that work their influence across all or part of a region.
- THEMATIC MAPS centered around topics like language, religion, and ethnicity allow students to quickly draw cultural and regional comparisons.
- PROBLEM LANDSCAPE boxes incorporate case studies on land use, water rights, boundary disputes, and other thematic conflicts to help students understand how geographic issues underlie many of the world’s most contentious problems. Topics include Dirty Diamonds, the Troubled Fields of Land Reform, and Chechnya.
2. Physical Processes and World Regions.
3. Human Processes and World Regions.
5. Russia and the Near Abroad.
6. The Middle East and North Africa.
7. South and East Asia.
9. Sub-Saharan Africa.
10. Latin America.
11. The United States and Canada.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Web Site
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.