Request for consultation
Cengage Learning's FUNDAMENTALS OF WORLD REGIONAL GEOGRAPHY brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools along with comprehensive text content for one semester/quarter courses. Adopt the resources that enable your students to purchase the right solution to meet their needs, whether it's a traditional printed text, all digital learning platform, or package that includes the best of both worlds. With the recently updated Fundamentals of World Regional Geography 3rd Edition and CourseMate's interactive teaching and learning tools, it's never been easier to introduce students to the eight world regions, including the historical, cultural, economic, political, and physical aspects that create regional unity, give them personality, and make them newsworthy.
- UPDATED MAPS AND TABLES – all maps and tables centered around topics such as estimated population, estimated population density, area, per capita GNI PPP, and the human development index reflect the most recent information release in 2011.
- EXPANDED COVERAGE – new topics have been addressed from a regional and global perspective, including global food supplies and shortages, pollution in China, the global recession, and the Arab Spring.
- NEW "TRY IT" FEATURE – critical thinking box feature that provides the reader with the opportunity to apply a newly learned concept.
- NEW "A CLOSER LOOK" FEATURE – new box feature that "digs down" on something that is familiar or part of everyday or academic vocabulary but that deserves closer examination.
- NEW "A DIFFERENT VIEWPOINT" FEATURE – new box feature that challenges students to put themselves in someone else's shoes and see the world in a different way; helps to shed light on different cultures.
- GEOGRAPHY OF boxes feature various focal points of geography, delving into cultural specifics of each region and bringing consistent attention to issues of ethnicity, language, and religion. Some topics include, Geography of Energy, Geography of Drug Trafficking, Medical Geography, Geography of the Sacred, and Geography of Terrorism.
- REGIONAL PERSPECTIVES illustrate the relevance of geographic issues that work their influence across all or part of a region.
- THEMATIC MAPS centered around topics like language, religion, and ethnicity allow students to quickly draw cultural and regional comparisons.
- PROBLEM LANDSCAPE boxes incorporate case studies on land use, water rights, boundary disputes, and other thematic conflicts to help students understand how geographic issues underlie many of the world's most contentious problems. Topics include Dirty Diamonds, the Troubled Fields of Land Reform, and Chechnya.
2. Physical Processes and World Regions.
3. Human Processes and World Regions.
5. Russia and the Near Abroad.
6. The Middle East and North Africa.
7. South and East Asia.
9. Sub-Saharan Africa.
10. Latin America.
11. The United States and Canada.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Web Site
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.