Request for consultation
Fundamentals of US Health Care: Principles and Perspectives takes the broad, complex topic of health care in the United States and presents it in a digestible, easy-to-read format. Focusing on some of the fundamental issues facing the heath care system today, this text delivers simple, objective coverage of key topics including cost, access, quality, financing, manpower, and public health. By blending current, factual data, basic principles, and multiple perspectives on controversial issues, the authors provide a balanced approach to the core issues facing the health care industry. Case studies and vignettes throughout the text allow readers to explore how current health care problems impact real-life situations and to hone their critical thinking skills for their future professional careers.
- Your Opinion Matters is a feature presented in each chapter that provides opposing perspectives on controversial issues, empowering students with the facts and knowledge to formulate their own opinions.
- Current Vignettes and real-world examples illustrate theories and fundamental concepts throughout.
- Review Questions at the end of each chapter help assess students' understanding of the material.
- The instructor companion site features everything an instructor needs to teach with this text: an ExamView test bank that enables instructors to quickly build and manage exams, customizable PowerPoint slides, a sample course syllabus, and an instructor's manual with suggested answers to the review questions in the book plus additional teaching tools.
2. Health Status.
3. Health Services in Perspective.
4. Organization of Health Services.
5. Health Manpower.
6. Public Health.
7. Long-Term Care.
8. Medicare and Medicaid.
9. Health Care Facilities.
10. Cost of Health Care Services.
11. Health Care Financing.
12. Managed Care.
13. Utilization of Health Services.
15. Health Planning and Regulation.
16. National Health Policy.