Request for consultation
The second edition of Fundamentals of Sectional Anatomy: An Imaging Approach is the ideal introductory text for new radiography students, seasoned students preparing for the CT and MRI exams, or anyone interested in learning about human anatomy. Chapters address the fundamentals of sectional anatomy, starting at the vertex of the skull and descending to the symphysis pubis, with additional in-depth coverage of the vertical column, major joints of the upper and lower extremities, and separate chapters on the facial bones and sinuses. This systematic approach to the organization of the book provides students with the most complete presentation and realistic exposure to sectional anatomy available. Numerous line drawings and two complete sets of fully labeled images complement each section of the text to strengthen the learning experience, while end-of-chapter summaries and review questions challenge readers to assess their understanding of important topics. Building upon its reputation for an uncluttered presentation and clearly labeled images, this new edition presents more than 200 new MR images, dozens of CT images, and new complex illustrations—transporting this already fascinating book into the modern age of radiography.
- Expanded Introduction: Now a full chapter, the introduction explores anatomic positions, directional terms, body planes, body cavities, body habitus, abdominopelvic quadrants, and abdominopelvic regions, and concludes with a look at trends in the industry.
- More Images: More than 200 MR images have been added, including new images of the neck, pelvis, and abdomen, as well as several new thoracic muscle CT images.
- Pedagogical Features: Every chapter now begins with learning objectives and includes an end-of-chapter summary.
- Crowning Updates: This 2nd Edition now includes detailed descriptions of the dural sinuses, along with added drawings of the intricate facial bones.
- Midsection Reorganization: Chapter 6 has been reordered to provide a more logical flow of information, labeling of thoracic muscles on image samples, and useful details about liver function.
- Modern Learning: Ancillary updates for the 2nd Edition include an online Instructors Manual, PowerPoint® presentations that correlate with chapters and images, a full Testbank of challenging questions, and the always popular student workbook. In addition, an all new CourseMate with eReader is now available.
- Real-World Images: Two sets of fully labeled radiographic images in every chapter explain key topics while helping students practice interpreting real CT and MR images.
- Anatomy Review: Each chapter starts with an overview of the anatomy to be covered, setting expectations about learning objectives while providing a solid primer for the more detailed material that follows.
- Systematic Approach: Meticulously organized, this 2nd Edition presents anatomy in a step-by-step fashion to give radiographers a more comprehensive understanding of the human body.
- Helpful Illustrations: Numerous line drawings correlate with sample CT and MR images, which simplifies the learning process.
8. Vertebral Column.
9. Upper Extremity.
10. Lower Extremity.
Appendix A: Key to Review Questions.
Appendix B: Suggested Readings.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
This best-selling workbook is a powerful study guide for students, and includes a variety of completion, matching, and fill-in-the blank exercises to help them memorize anatomy and prepare for the CT and MRI exams.
CourseMate, 2 terms (12 months) Instant Access
: Interested in a simple way to complement your text and course content with study and practice materials? Cengage Learning’s CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch reader comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website. CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need!
This always popular workbook is a powerful study guide, and includes a variety of completion, matching, and fill-in-the blank exercises to help you memorize anatomy and prepare for the CT and MRI exams.
CourseMate, 2 terms (12 months) Instant Access
The more you study, the better the results. Make the most of your study time by accessing everything you need to succeed in one place. CourseMate includes: An interactive eBook with highlighting, note taking, an interactive glossary, and interactive learning tools, including: Homework, Quizzes, Flashcards, PowerPoint® presentations, and more!