Request for consultation
FUNDAMENTALS OF PHARMACOLOGY FOR VETERINARY TECHNICIANS, 2E will help veterinary and laboratory animal technicians understand the medications they dispense and how these medications may help or potentially harm animals. The book begins by providing a strong foundation in drug administration, pharmacokinetics, measurement systems, as well as drug approval and safety. Each subsequent chapter presents a review of each body system, followed by the drugs used to treat diseases of that body system. A StudyWARE CD-ROM accompanies the book which provides additional practice via quizzes or games. A full suite of instructor supplements is available in support of the book including an Instructor's Manual, Instructor Presentations in PowerPointTM, an image library, and critical thinking questions.
- Contains updated drug information.
- Provides an increased emphasis on safety of drug administration.
- Improved discussion of pharmacokinetics.
- Includes discussion of pharmacy economics and management.
- Critical thinking emphasized more in each chapter through scenarios and case studies.
- A back-of-book StudyWARETM CD-ROM engages the reader in a fun and interactive format through quizzes and games to help review and study key concepts.
- Includes easy-to-follow tables that provide for a quick overview of drug information.
- A writing style that is easy to comprehend and keeps the reader engaged in the content.
- Full instructor support including an instructor's manual, instructor presentation in Power Point, an image library and additional critical thinking questions.
2. Veterinary Drug Development and Control.
3. Principles and Methods of Drug Administration.
5. Veterinary Drug Use, Prescribing, Acquisition, and Pharmacy Management.
6. Systems of Measurement in Veterinary Pharmacology.
7. Drugs Affecting the Nervous System.
8. Cardiovascular Drugs.
9. Respiratory System Drugs.
10. Hormonal and Reproductive Drugs.
12. Urinary System Drugs.
13. Drugs Affecting Muscle Function.
16. Anti-Inflammatory and Pain-Reducing Drugs.
17. Drugs for Skin Conditions.
18. Ophthalmic and Optic Medications.
19. Fluid Therapy and Emergency Drugs.
20. Antineoplastic and Immunosuppressive Drugs.
22. Behavior-Modifying Drugs.
23. Herbal Therapeutics.
Appendix A: Unit Conversions and Math References.
Appendix B: Conversion of Body Weight in Kilograms to Body Surface Area in Meters (for Dogs and Cats).
Appendix C: Metric Conversions Guide.
Appendix D: Vitamin Supplements.
Appendix E: Inventory Management.
Appendix F: Managing Animal Toxicities.
Appendix G: Web Sites of Veterinary Pharmaceutical Companies.
Appendix H: Proper Use of Needles and Syringes.
Appendix I: Withdrawing (Aspirating) Medication from a Vial.
Appendix J: Withdrawing (Aspirating) Medication from an Ampule.
Appendix K: Reconstituting a Powder Medication for Administration.
Appendix L: Appendix M: Drugs Listed Alphabetically and Classified by Category.
Appendix M: Dos and Don'ts of Drug Administration.
Appendix N: Euthanesia procedure
Appendix O: Math Review
Appendix P: Drugs used during pregnancy
Appendix Q: Answer Key to text questions