Request for consultation
Provide your students with the strong theoretical and functional framework they need for success in management today with this brief option that gives you the flexibility to integrate your own cases, exercises and projects throughout your course. FUNDAMENTALS OF MANAGEMENT, 7E from respected leading management author Ricky Griffin invites students into the study of management with a dynamic approach efficiently organized around the functions of management. Students strengthen their management skills with a proven balance of theory and practice as well as numerous, engaging learning features. New and revised "First Things First" opening vignettes draw students into each chapter, while clear learning objectives and chapter outlines, summaries of key points and key terms, and numerous student-oriented skill applications and new cases keep students focused and actively learning. New "Building Skills" exercises equip future managers to handle some of today's most critical business situations. Prepare your students for management today with the current, concise approach in FUNDAMENTALS OF MANAGEMENT, 7E that gives you the flexibility you need to make each course your own. Available with InfoTrac® Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- ALL-NEW BOXED FEATURES HIGHLIGHT TODAY'S MOST INTRIGUING CHALLENGES OR EMERGING MANAGEMENT ISSUES. Focus students' attention on topics of increasing interest or importance in management today with these engaging boxed features throughout this edition. "Ethnically Speaking" boxes examine the increasing importance of ethics while "World of Difference” boxes highlight the dynamic diverse culture of business. "The More Things Change" boxes focus on the ever-evolving business climate.
- InfoTrac® Student Collections are specialized databases expertly drawn from the Gale Academic One library. Each InfoTrac® Student Collection enhances the student learning experience in the specific course area related to the product. These specialized databases allow access to hundreds of scholarly and popular publications - all reliable sources - including journals, encyclopedias, and academic reports. Learn more and access at: http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- NEW AND REVISED "MANAGEMENT IN ACTION" CHAPTER-OPENING VIGNETTES INTRODUCE KEY MANAGEMENT TOPICS. Engaging real-world scenarios open each chapter, capturing students' attention with unforgettable examples from recognizable organizations, such as Netflix and Citigroup. Contemporary topics like Fair Trade and Hybrid Vehicles are also explored. Corresponding "You Make the Call" end-of-chapter exercises place students in a consulting role, while referring back to the chapter-opening vignettes.
- NEW AND REVISED "CLOSING CASES" CHALLENGE STUDENTS TO APPLY CONCEPTS TO TODAY'S REAL MANAGEMENT SITUATIONS. Detailed Case Studies at the end of each chapter ask students to apply new concepts or management ideas to actual management and business scenarios drawn from companies such as Steinway Piano, groups like the Auto Industry, and theories such as GroupThink.
- PRACTICAL, MANAGEABLE APPROACH PROVIDES SOLID THEORETICAL FRAMEWORK. This concise text by well respected, experienced author Ricky Griffin provides a strong theoretical, yet functional, framework for the study of management. The text combines streamlined discussion with engaging pedagogical tools and student-focused, skill-development applications. This book's lively, current content and variety of materials answer the need for a more flexible approach to management education.
- SUMMARIES OF LEARNING OBJECTIVES AND KEY POINTS PROVIDE LISTS FOR QUICK STUDENT REVIEW. This edition replaces traditional paragraph-form summaries with bulleted lists that make it easier for students to quickly key concepts scan and study in a time-effective manner.
- HANDS-ON EXERCISES GUIDE STUDENTS IN APPLYING THE CONCEPTS LEARNED IN EACH CHAPTER. Each meaningful chapter concludes with a Skills Self-Assessment Instrument and Experiential Exercise. These valuable tools help students apply what they've learned in the chapter. "BUILDING SKILLS" Exercises give students valuable advice on how to approach various management situations most effectively. The exercises build upon the overall managerial skills framework from the book's first chapter and give students hands-on opportunities to improve personal management skills.
1. Understanding the Manager's Job.
2. The Environment of Organizations and Managers.
PART II: PLANNING.
3. Planning and Strategic Management.
4. Managing Decision Making.
5. Entrepreneurship and New Venture Management.
PART III: ORGANIZING.
6. Organization Structure and Design.
7. Organization Change and Innovation.
8. Managing Human Resources in Organizations.
PART IV: LEADING.
9. Basic Elements of Individual Behavior in Organizations.
10. Managing Employee Motivation and Performance.
11. Leadership and Influence Processes.
12. Communication in Organizations.
13. Managing Work Groups and Teams.
PART V: CONTROLLING.
14. Basic Elements of Control.
15. Managing Operations, Quality, and Productivity.
"I have used Dr. Griffin's book for many years and find it to be SINGLE best textbook on the market. It is by far superior in research and experiential exercises than any text."
"[The text] has a good mix of all of the management functions, including planning, organization, directing or staffing, and control."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Find all of the helpful, time-saving teaching resources you need to create a dynamic, interactive management course. The Instructor's Website includes the Instructor's Manual (IM) files, Testing files, PowerPoint slides, and a DVD Guide to help you most effectively use this edition's accompanying video cases. Updated content throughout the IM and PowerPoint slides reflects the latest edition of the text. Almost one-third of the TestBank questions are new. New to this edition, we the Test Bank is now provided in Cognero.
Put management in action with this edition's new video package. The "On the Job" videos illustrate management concepts at work within familiar companies, large and small, giving students an insider's perspective.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your learning management system, your classroom, or wherever you want! The test bank contains more than 3,000 true/false, multiple-choice, short-answer, and essay questions, all tagged according to difficulty level, Bloom's taxonomy, learning outcomes, and other institutional criteria.