Request for consultation
Designed to enhance the math skills of students studying the field of drafting, this completely updated fourth edition of Practical Problems in Mathematics For Drafting and CAD presents a comprehensive overview of contemporary drafting problems, CAD drawings, and industry applications and practices. This text provides students with a variety of integrated math problems and CAD operations in order to facilitate critical thinking, problem solving, and basic mathematics literacy. Filled with real-world applications and designed to cover a range of skills and levels of difficulty, the fourth edition includes updated figures, illustrations, problem sets, examples, and solutions in order to give students the skills they need to succeed in the field of drafting.
- The content has been updated and reorganized into 9 sections and 42 units, including a new section on Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and new units on 3D- and coordinate geometry.
- Problem sets have been reorganized into "Skill Problems," "Practical Problems," and "CAD Problems" in order to make it easier for instructors to assign specific types of problems and for students to study specific content areas.
- This edition now includes an increased number of stepped out examples, with corresponding explanations and solutions. In addition, problems and answers have been revised in order to give students practice with realistic problem sets.
- Figures and drawings have been improved in order to appeal to visual learners.
- The text features problems and values that reflect current and emerging drafting and CAD technologies.
- The concepts presented are geared toward enhancing student mathematical skills in virtually any drafting field.
- Illustrative problems presented in the book emphasize realistic applications.
- CAD terminology and operations are integrated for an approach that is current with today's technology and practices.
- Coverage is designed to increase familiarity with the concepts and language needed to accurately prepare working drawings.
4. Decimals, Fractions, and Percents.
5. Geometry Fundamentals.
8. Applied Trigonometry.
9. Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Resource CD-ROM
The instructor's Resource serves as an instructional resource and provides teaching tips or guidelines, answers to end of chapter problems, chapter PowerPoint presentations, and a test bank for content reinforcement.