Request for consultation
FUNDAMENTALS OF GEOMETRIC DIMENSIONING AND TOLERANCING 3E is a unique book that meets the needs of your students in industrial technology, CAD, engineering technology, and manufacturing technology. This book clearly organizes geometric dimensioning and tolerancing fundamentals into small, logical units for step-by-step understanding. Measurable performance objectives help you and your students assess their progress. Discussion questions promote interaction and higher-order thinking, and practice problems ensure thorough understanding of the concepts presented. FUNDAMENTALS OF GEOMETRIC DIMENSIONING AND TOLERANCING 3E defines and fully encompasses the revised ANSI/ASME Y14.5M-2009 to keep your students current on these important industry standards. This book is cited by top industry professionals as meeting the highest "standards" for a GD&T book!
- Contains expanded coverage of dimensioning and tolerancing topics and thorough updating of GD&T based on ASME Y14.5-2009 that keeps you and your students current on changes in standards related to tolerancing of engineering drawings.
- Reorganized into sections and chapters, with each chapter covering a single goal.
- Includes examples of industrial drawings to demonstrate the use of GD& T and includes changes in rules, symbols, definitions, and datums.
- Includes new forms and task examples, as well as web resources and revised tables/charts that enhance enjoyment and overall appeal of the book.
- Contains new analysis problems, thought questions and key points to take away from each chapter that enhance your students' learning and retention of new text material.
- Includes practical examples and cases that appear as each concept is introduced, allowing your students to apply concepts immediately and improve their retention.
- Includes icons that highlight study tips, author's comments, and bibliographic sources, simplifying your students' search for help and information.
- Contains isometric drawings that help your students visualize parts and understand lessons.
- Contains an expanded appendix that puts more information than ever at your students' fingertips.
Introduction to Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
Coordinate Tolerances and Geometric Tolerances.
Section II: GEOMETRIC TOLERANCING FUNDAMENTALS.
Key Terms used in Geometric Tolerancing.
Modifiers and Symbols used in Geometric Tolerancing.
The Geometric Tolerancing System Rules.
The Geometric Tolerancing System Concepts.
Section III: FORM TOLERANCES.
Section IV: THE DATUM SYSTEM.
Datum System Concepts.
Size Datum Features (RMB).
Size Datum Features (MMB).
Section V: ORIENTATION TOLERANCES.
Section VI: LOCATION TOLERANCES.
Position Calculations Fixed and Floating Fastener Formulas.
Position Applications Advanced.
Section VII: RUNOUT AND CONCENTRICITY, AND SYMMETRY TOLERANCES.
Section VIII: PROFILE TOLERANCES.
Profile of a Surface.
Profile of a Line.
Section IX: APPENDICES (TBD).
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Resource CD-ROM
The instructor's Resource serves as an instructional resource and provides teaching tips or guidelines, answers to end of chapter problems, chapter PowerPoint presentations, and a test bank for content reinforcement.