Request for consultation
Essential for anyone interested in a career in renewable energy, ELECTRICAL THEORY FOR RENEWABLE ENERGY presents a solid foundation of electrical theory and applications for both photovoltaic (PV) power and wind power in one engaging text. Designed to apply to electricians as well as individuals specializing in PV and wind turbines, each chapter provides a common technical language and knowledge base for all renewable energy practitioners so that all members of the team (i.e., practitioners, designers, installers, and engineers) are able to work together effectively in the field. With multiple examples and opportunities for practice, this text covers the basic electrical theory that is required for students to understand any renewable energy source that generates electricity.
- This unique and engaging text provides students with a solid foundation in electrical theory and applications for both photovoltaic (PV) power and wind power.
- Many topics, such as meter design, transformers, induction motors and generators, and cell design, are presented within the context of broader topics in order to give students an idea of how topics are interconnected. This is designed to enhance student understanding of both theory and applications.
- Each chapter includes "EXPLORE" problems, which give the student the opportunity to obtain additional information on ideas or topics relevant to the chapter.
- Throughout the text, examples of how material applies to PV and wind turbines are provided to demonstrate real-world application of what students are learning.
2. Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors.
3. Electrical Measurement and Ohm's Law.
4. Series DC Circuit Calculations.
5. Parallel DC Circuit Calculations.
6. AC Power.
7. AC Circuit Calculations.
9. PV Cells and Arrays.
10. Wind Turbines and Electric Power Generation.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Companion Website serves as a valuable instructional aid ,providing teaching tips and guidelines, answers to review and test questions, chapter PowerPoint presentations, testbank bnk and rtf files, and an image gallery.