Request for consultation
THE FUEL CELL TECHNICIAN'S GUIDE explains fuel cells and systems without requiring advanced knowledge in science or engineering for the installation, implementation, hand troubleshooting, and repair of fuel cells and systems. This book begins with the history of fuel cells and goes on to discuss various kinds of fuel cells, system balance-of-plant issues, safety, and codes and standards that students will encounter on a real job site. Varying fuel cells are used as primary examples throughout the text, providing several different views of how fuel cells work, where they work best, and why these concepts are important.
- Introduces the subject of fuel cells and systems to your students without requiring advanced knowledge in science or engineering.
- Explains the technology of fuel cells needed for your students to install, implement, hand troubleshoot, and repair fuel cells and systems.
- Gives you the ability to tailor discussions of fuel cells within your course, whether your interest is in chemistry, maintenance, business, or general in nature.
- Coverage of the fuel cell industry is found throughout the text, preparing students for a career in the emerging fuel cell industry.
2. What is a Fuel Cell?
3. Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Safety.
4. Types of Fuel Cells, Chemical Reactions, Classifications and Characteristics & Applications.
5. Fuel Cell Basic System Components.
6. Fuel Cell Sub-Systems.
7. Fuel Cell Systems.
8. Stationary Fuel Cell Applications.
9. Transportation and Material Handling Fuel Cells.
10. Fuel Cell Systems Process and Instrumentation P&I Diagrams.
11. Fuel Cell Systems Power and Control Schematics.
12. Distributed Generation.
13. Combined Heat and Power CHP.
14. Overall Design, Installation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting & Repair.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Companion Website serves as a valuable instructional aid ,providing teaching tips and guidelines, answers to review and test questions, chapter PowerPoint presentations, testbank bnk and rtf files, and an image gallery.