Request for consultation
Introduce the essentials and latest trends in today’s marketing with strong visuals and exciting, timely discussions found in the proven marketing text for students of all backgrounds - Pride/Ferrell’s FOUNDATIONS OF MARKETING, 7E. This edition’s extensive coverage of current marketing strategies and concepts addresses social media, sustainability, globalization, customer relationship management, supply chain management, and digital marketing. Emerging topics, such as social and environmental responsibility, entrepreneurship, and new trends in marketing, resonate especially well with today’s students who are striving for success in today’s fast-paced, evolving business world. Captivating photos, screenshots, advertisements, and examples from actual life make concepts meaningful for students. A wealth of learning supplements, such as self-testing, videos, and an interactive marketing plan, further help your students develop critical decision-making and marketing skills.
- UPDATED AND NEW BOXED FEATURES ENSURE READINGS ARE RELEVANT TO TODAY’S STUDENTS. In addition to engaging Boxed Features, this edition’s captivating Video Cases at the end of every chapter support and add interest to each chapter’s material.
- UPDATED LEARNING OBJECTIVES DIRECT STUDENT ATTENTION TO KEY POINTS. Learning Objectives correlated to the latest and most important concepts in this edition ensure students focus efforts on each chapter’s most critical information.
- NEW ADS ILLUSTRATE CURRENT MARKETING TRENDS AND PROMOTIONS. Many of today’s latest memorable ads visually reinforce chapter discussion.
- UPDATED FIGURES AND TABLES HIGHLIGHT IMPORTANT CONCEPTS. Key visuals throughout the book further clarify and support this edition’s examination of today’s marketing in action.
- NEW CONTENT ADDRESSES EMERGING TRENDS IN MARKETING. This edition introduces and explains approaches that are reshaping thinking in marketing today, including native advertising, big data, and marketing analytics.
- EXPERIENCED AUTHOR TEAM BRINGS WEALTH OF PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE TO THE TOPIC. Respected and distinguished authors Dr. William Pride and Dr. O.C. Ferrell are well-known throughout the world for their decades of marketing and consulting expertise.
- STUNNING VISUALS BRING TODAY’S MARKETING CONCEPTS TO LIFE. Strategically placed advertisements, photos, and screen shots balance this edition’s readings and place the marketing concepts into modern-day context for your students.
- NEW OPENING VIGNETTES INTRODUCE ACTUAL BUSINESS MARKETING IN ACTION WHILE COVERAGE DEMONSTRATES THE IMPACT OF TODAY’S SOCIAL MEDIA. "Marketing Insights" vignettes depict real businesses challenges and success and help students envision themselves in exciting marketing careers. Students also examine the power of contemporary social media and its growing influence in marketing strategy. This edition delves into this significant trend in today’s marketplace with up-to-the-minute information that demonstrates the immediate and long-term capabilities of social media.
- "MARKETING DEBATE" FEATURE REQUIRES STUDENTS TO APPLY MARKETING PRINCIPLES TO ACTUAL SITUATIONS IN BUSINESS. Students learn to use critical thinking skills to solve problems. In addition, Emerging Trends features focus on the changing landscape of marketing. These important feature boxes highlight the latest trends, such as globalization, social media, and more.
- BOOK INCORPORATES A CONCISE, STRAIGHTFORWARD, PROVEN APPROACH. The authors effectively introduce students to basic marketing concepts and strategies, while providing you, the instructor, with the flexibility to integrate supplemental resources or activities into your lessons.
- CONSOLIDATED PRESENTATION PROVIDES COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE IN AN ABBREVIATED FORMAT. This edition effectively highlights ethics, e-marketing, and customer relationship management. The book supports and reinforces understanding of these key topics with up-to-date research and meaningful examples.
1. Customer-Driven Strategic Marketing.
2. Planning, Implementing, and Evaluating Marketing Strategies.
3. The Marketing Environment, Social Responsibility, and Ethics.
PART II: MARKETING RESEARCH AND TARGET MARKETS.
4. Marketing Research and Information Systems.
5. Target Market Segmentation and Evaluation.
PART III: CUSTOMER BEHAVIOR AND E-MARKETING.
6. Consumer Buying Behavior.
7. Business Markets and Buying Behavior.
8. Reaching Global Markets.
9. Digital Marketing and Social Networking.
PART IV: PRODUCT AND PRICE DECISIONS.
10. Product, Branding, and Packing Concepts.
11. Developing and Managing Goods and Services
12. Pricing Concepts and Management.
13. Marketing Channels and Supply-Chain Management.
14. Retailing, Direct Marketing, and Wholesaling.
PART V: PROMOTION DECISIONS.
15. Integrated Marketing Communications.
16. Advertising and Public Relations.
17. Personal Selling and Sales Promotion.
Financial Analysis in Marketing.
Sample Marketing Plan.
Careers in Marketing.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download time-saving PowerPoint® presentation slides, meaningful marketing images, the helpful instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.