Request for consultation
FORREST GENERAL MEDICAL CENTER ADVANCED MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION, FOURTH EDITION is a highly practical guide providing advanced training in medical transcription and terminology. Ideal for use as a classroom resource or a self-paced learning aid, the text includes a complete course of lessons to help readers acquire or sharpen transcription skills and prepare for success as a healthcare documentation specialist in hospitals, medical practices, laboratories, or legal and business environments. The new fourth edition features numerous chapters dedicated to individual medical specialties, providing an overview of each specialty; relevant abbreviations, terminology, and pronunciations; anatomical illustrations; transcription tips; and useful websites. Complementing the chapter material are special features to enhance learning and hone practical skills, including activities devoted to critical thinking and professional ethics, as well as audio transcription exercises offering practice with live dictation. Forrest General Medical Center Advanced Medical Transcription has been thoroughly updated to reflect important developments in the field, including electronic filing, HIPAA standards, new rules and regulations, evolving best practices, current forms and examples, and other trends and issues relevant for today's medical transcription professionals.
- Thoroughly updated with material reflecting important developments in the field, including information on electronic filing, discovery, the duty to prevent spoliation, rule changes, HIPAA standards, and more.
- Includes extensive updates covering new laws and regulations, changes in rules of procedure, and current evidentiary standards and ethical guidelines, giving learners an up-to-date guide to key principles and practices for professional success.
- New and revised forms, task examples, web resources, and tables and charts ensure that practical material is current and relevant for today's professionals, as well as making the text more visually appealing and engaging.
- New analysis problems, study and review questions, and Internet applications complement chapter material while supporting readers to master and apply what they learn more easily and confidently.
- New chapters on Podiatry, Endocrinology, Arthritis/Rheumatology, and Infectious Diseases (a stand-alone in this edition), and additionally includes patient cases in various specialties, i.e., continuity of care as a patient is followed throughout treatment.
- Explores 18 different medical specialties, providing a general overview, key terms and abbreviations, anatomical illustrations, practical transcription tips, and websites with relevant information and resources.
- Includes thorough coverage of medical terminology across a wide range of medical specialties, as well as phonetic pronunciations to enhance accuracy when completing audio transcription exercises or performing live dictation.
- Realistic anatomical illustrations for featured medical specialties help deepen understanding of relevant terms and concepts, providing valuable context to improve transcription quality.
- Includes a variety of teaching and learning features in every chapter, including critical thinking questions, activities emphasizing professional ethics, and audio transcription exercises to provide live dictation practice.
2. Cardiology & Cardiovascular Surgery.
3. Infectious Diseases.
4. Otorhinolaryngology & Oral Surgery.
6. Gastroenterology & Gastric Surgery.
9. Obstetrics/Gynecology (OB/GYN).
14. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
16. Radiology/Diagnostic Imaging.
17. Respiratory/Pulmonary Medicine.
19. Correspondence and Proofreading.
20. Professionalism and Ethics.
List of dictating doctors with ethnic accent for each
List of confusing words.
List of drugs, trade name with corresponding generic name.
List of medical instruments.
Types of sutures and suture materials.
Types of anesthesia.
Types of dressings.
Types of surgical incisions.
Types of operative positions.
"Do Not Use" list from The Joint Commission.
Two-state postal codes from United States Postal Service.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The instructor's Manual serves as an instructional resource and provides teaching tips or guidelines, essay questions, answers to review and test questions, key objectives, glossary, appendices and exercises for content reinforcement.The instructor's manual provides the solutions to the transcription reports that are dictated on the Forrest General audio component.
Audio Transacription Instant Access
Audio Transacription Instant Access