Request for consultation
FLORICULTURE: DESIGNING AND MERCHANDISING, 3E will provide your students with a comprehensive introduction to the floral design industry. Written in a concise, easy-to-follow manner, FLORICULTURE: DESIGNING AND MERCHANDISING, 3E includes step-by-step instructions, complete with illustrations and material lists for dozens of projects. Projects in this book are built around low-cost materials that help to maintain a budget and suggestions are included on how to incorporate native materials to further reduce costs.
- Now in full color. The beauty of the art of floral design can be truly appreciated with full color photos to help illustrate design principles and techniques.
- Features new class projects throughout the book, such as contemporary freestyle designs, evergreen wreaths, Easter centerpiece, and wedding bouquets.
- Contains updated material throughout the book such as styles of flowers and the prices of material and adds a section on fertilizers to the chapter on selecting indoor plants.
- Includes step-by-step projects that include illustrations to guide your students.
- Includes a flower arrangement rating scale that enables your students to evaluate their own design.
- Includes job seeking skills that help your students explore career opportunities.
- Includes information on using the Internet to market flowers that introduces your students to this important tool.
2. The History of Floral Design.
3. Principles of Design.
4. Selection of Cut Flowers and Greens.
5. Conditioning and Storing Cut flowers and Greens.
6. Mechanics and Supplies Used in Floral Design.
7. Selecting Wire and Wiring Flowers.
8. Selecting Ribbons and Tying Bows.
9. Boutonnieres and Corsages.
10. Bud Vases.
11. Circular Arrangements.
12. Triangular Arrangements.
13. Line Arrangements.
14. Constructing Wreaths.
15. Holiday Arrangements.
16. Wedding Flowers.
17. Sympathy Flowers.
18. Drying Flowers.
19. Arranging Permanent Flowers.
20. Selecting Indoor Plants.
21. Decorating Potted Plants.
22. Pricing Strategies.
23. Selling in the Flower Shop.
26. Professional Organizations.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor’s Manual contains the answers to the end of chapter questions.
Computerized Test Bank
This resource provides the Instructor’s Manual and a computerized testbank. The Instructor’s Manual contains the answers to the end of chapter questions. The testbank consists of multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short answer/discussion style questions.