Request for consultation
From how MIDI works, to how to connect devices through it, to how it integrates into a computer environment, "MIDI Power!, Second Edition" is a comprehensive reference guide to MIDI. The book provides an in-depth look at MIDI, its messages, and protocols, and the information necessary to navigate it with ease. Learn when to use MIDI, how to edit MIDI, what technology uses MIDI, what software uses MIDI, and how MIDI is integrated into computers and what that implies for musicians, sound designers, and audio enthusiasts. "MIDI Power!, Second Edition" provides complete coverage of MIDI hardware and software, is suitable for both Mac and Windows platforms.
- Written for anyone who wants to understand how MIDI works and what it can do. This includes amateur and professional musicians, composers, sound editors, and more.
- Serves as a comprehensive guide that readers can reference again and again.
- Features coverage of the MIDI communication protocol, how to choose and set up MIDI software and devices, and information about synchronization, sequencing, music notation, and much more.
- Suitable for both Mac and Windows platforms.
2. Basic MIDI Messages
3. Control Change Messages
4. General MIDI and Standard MIDI Files
5. MIDI Hardware Devices
6. MIDI and the Computer MIDI Interfaces
7. MIDI Inside Your Computer
8. Sequencing with MIDI
9. MIDI Software: A Sound Creation Environment
10. MIDI Software Applications
11. Deeper into MIDI: System Exclusive and Synchronization
12. The Standard MIDI File Format
A. Understanding Binary, Decimal, and Hexidecimal
B. MIDI 1.0 Specification
C. Understanding Timing Concepts
D. The MIDI Troubleshooting Checklist
E. Midi Arrangements: Tips & Tricks
F. Review Questions: Answers