Request for consultation
Cengage Learning Activity Series From aerobics and yoga — to bowling, tennis, weight training, and more — Cengage Learning offers a complete line of activities texts to meet your teaching needs. Written for individuals of all skill levels and backgrounds, the Cengage Learning Activity Series goes beyond the mere fundamentals, showing students how to improve, excel, and simply get more enjoyment from their favorite physical activities. GAME/SET/MATCH: A TENNIS GUIDE covers all the basic fundamentals of playing tennis and is suitable for players at all levels. It combines basic instruction and visual cues on the proper way to execute tennis techniques and skills, and includes more than 40 diagrams and 200 photos of suggested drills for students. The strategy chapters provide a base for development of thinking on the court, and the tennis court behavior and interpretation of rules section provide students with a solid foundation of the sport.
- The eighth edition of Game/Set/Match: A Tennis Guide features an all-new color design that will fully engage students in the fundamentals of playing tennis, increase the effectiveness of visual cues within the text, and enhance the overall student learning experience.
- A number of new photos have been added to the eighth edition, along with several color figures and diagrams.
- The review questions within the "Checkpoints" section have been updated to ensure a comprehensive end-of-chapter learning assessment.
- Visually oriented text--over 40 diagrams and 200 photos show tennis in action, including strokes and footwork, and provide a visual guide for students to learn key playing principles and techniques.
- "Points to Remember" sections help students improve their technique by highlighting important reminders about key strategies to be successful tennis players. Topics include "Synopsis of the Groundstroke," "Increasing Beginner Groundstroke Skills--Slice and Topspin," "Approach Shot," and "Hitting a Volley Shot."
- Two sections--"Tennis Across the World" and "Tennis for the Ages"--promote tennis as a lifelong activity and demonstrate to students the benefits of mastering this sport.
- Appendix A, "USTA's The Code: The Player's Guide to Unofficiated Matches," summarizes the most current procedures and unwritten rules which both custom and tradition dictate all tennis players should follow.
3. The Service and Service Return.
4. Net Play.
5. The Aerial Game.
6. Mental Aspects of Tennis Competition.
7. Singles Strategy.
8. Doubles Strategy.
9. Tennis Practice.
10. Physical Aspects of Playing Tennis.
11. Tennis Behavior and Interpretation of Tennis Rules.
12. The Tennis Court, Equipment Design, Tournament Competition, and Resources.
Appendix A: USTA’s The Code: The Player’s Guide for Unofficiated Matches.
Appendix B: National Tennis Rating Program.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Manual
Located on the password-protected instructor companion website, the Instructor's Manual includes suggested classroom methodologies, bookkeeping information forms, a sample course syllabus, course objectives (cognitive, affective, and psychomotor), a knowledge pre-test survey, cueing techniques and cue signs, strength training circuit workouts, motivational theme classes, body composition assessment lab sign-up sheet, 50 final exam test questions (with answers), course & instructor evaluations for students, and resources to consider (music/books/journals/videotapes/equipment).