Request for consultation
Cengage Learning Activity Series From aerobics and yoga — to bowling, tennis, weight training, and more — Cengage Learning offers a complete line of activities texts to meet your teaching needs. Written for individuals of all skill levels and backgrounds, the Cengage Learning Activity Series goes beyond the mere fundamentals, showing students how to improve, excel, and simply get more enjoyment from their favorite physical activities. Offering the latest information for obtaining and maintaining wellness, WATER AEROBICS FOR FITNESS AND WELLNESS, Fourth Edition, provides students with guidelines, exercises, and examples to develop a water aerobic program. The text includes unique chapters on fitness assessment, nutrition, and weight management as well as hundreds of illustrations to promote a healthy fitness and wellness program. The use of this text in your course will provide an excellent resource guide to all participants.
- The fourth edition of WATER AEROBICS FOR FITNESS AND WELLNESS features an all-new color design that will fully engage students in the fundamentals of water aerobic exercise.
- All new color photos have been added to the fourth edition, increasing the effectiveness of visual cues within the text and enhancing the overall student learning experience.
- Emphasis on students' visual understanding by providing photographs, visuals, and figures as well as additional sample programs and applications to show how to successfully participate in a water aerobic program.
- Tips for behavior modification and adherence to a lifetime weight management program are integrated throughout the text, helping students recognize the importance of a lifetime commitment to good health.
- Uniquely includes over 90 shallow water exercises and over 30 deep water exercises, providing students with an array of exercise options for the different water depths.
- Unique chapters include Fitness Assessment (Chapter 2), Nutrition for Wellness (Chapter 6), and Weight Management for Wellness (Chapter 7), providing students with a stronger connection between the sport of water aerobics and an effective fitness and wellness program.
2. Fitness Assessment.
3. Water Aerobics Fitness Programming.
4. Shallow Water Exercise.
5. Deep Water Exercise.
6. Nutrition for Wellness.
7. Weight Management for Wellness.
Appendix A: Health History Questionnaire.
Appendix B: Personal Fitness Profile: Pre-test.
Appendix C: Personal Fitness Profile: Post-test.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Manual
Located on the password-protected instructor companion website, the Instructor's Manual includes suggested classroom methodologies, bookkeeping information forms, a sample course syllabus, course objectives (cognitive, affective, and psychomotor), a knowledge pre-test survey, cueing techniques and cue signs, strength training circuit workouts, motivational theme classes, body composition assessment lab sign-up sheet, 50 final exam test questions (with answers), course & instructor evaluations for students, and resources to consider (music/books/journals/videotapes/equipment).