Request for consultation
Cengage Learning Activity Series From aerobics and yoga — to bowling, tennis, weight training, and more — Wadsworth offers a complete line of activities texts to meet your teaching needs. Written for individuals of all skill levels and backgrounds, the Wadsworth Physical Activity Series goes beyond the mere fundamentals, showing students how to improve, excel, and simply get more enjoyment from their favorite physical activities. Suitable for players at any level, BEGINNING RAQUETBALL covers the fundamentals of raquetball including equipment, offensive and defensive strokes, serves, playing strategies, drills, court etiquette, and more. Its many photographs and diagrams help students visualize the concepts, and rich pedagogy help them engage with the material, understand the concepts, and reinforce their learning.
- Updated "Check Points" include chapter-ending review questions that allow students to reaffirm their knowledge of the chapter concepts.
- A new 4-color design helps engage students, especially visual learners.
- The new USAR Racquetball Rules from 2007 included in the Appendix to give students quick access to the official rules of the game.
- Resources lists have been updated (and helpful websites added) to keep the text current and relevant.
- The text has been strongly praised for its solid coverage of all the functional aspects of racquetball, including equipment, offensive and defensive strokes, serves, playing strategies, drills, and court etiquette.
- An accompanying Instructor's Manual includes teaching skills, teaching suggestions, lesson plans, homework assignments, student evaluations and forms (including written exams, drill tests, and game-playing evaluations), drill sheets, court quizzes, and a sample mid-term exam and final exam.
2. Preparation for Play.
3. Preliminaries to the Strokes in Racquetball.
4. Offensive Strokes.
5. Defensive Strokes.
6. Serves in Racquetball.
7. Use of the Back Wall and Corner Shots.
8. Putting the Strokes Together: Non-Thinking Strategy.
9. Putting the Strokes Together: Thinking Strategy.
10. Drills for the Player.
11. Court Etiquette and Interpreting the Rules.
Appendix A: Official Rules of Racquetball.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Manual
Located on the password-protected instructor companion website, the Instructor's Manual includes suggested classroom methodologies, bookkeeping information forms, a sample course syllabus, course objectives (cognitive, affective, and psychomotor), a knowledge pre-test survey, cueing techniques and cue signs, strength training circuit workouts, motivational theme classes, body composition assessment lab sign-up sheet, 50 final exam test questions (with answers), course & instructor evaluations for students, and resources to consider (music/books/journals/videotapes/equipment).