Request for consultation
Combining the best of Excel® 2016 with a solid foundation in corporate finance, Mayes/Shank's FINANCIAL ANALYSIS WITH MICROSOFT® EXCEL® 2016, 8E, equips students with the skills to solve real-world financial problems. With a new focus on time series forecasting and Get & Transform tools (formerly known as Power Query), the text delivers comprehensive coverage of the corporate finance topics most important to employers, including financial statements, cash budgets, the Security Market Security Line, pro forma financial statements, cost of capital, VBA programming, and Pivot Tables. A reader-friendly, self-directed learning approach and numerous study tools make the book an ideal resource for learners of all levels. It begins with the basics before moving quickly into the more advanced features of Excel® 2016. In addition, its easy-to-understand presentation helps students build upon their spreadsheet skills while strengthening their understanding of contemporary corporate finance.
- Preparing your students for immediate finance and spreadsheet success, FINANCIAL ANALYSIS WITH MICROSOFT® EXCEL® 2016, 8E, delivers thorough coverage of introductory and advanced spreadsheet skills as it helps learners maximize EXCEL® 2016's new functions and features.
- An all-new chapter focuses on using time series techniques for forecasting quarterly revenues.
- Chapter 10, Bond Valuation, includes an excellent approximation for convexity as well as a user-defined function for calculating exact convexity on any date. The chapter also uses the new Get & Transform feature (formerly known as the Power Query add-in) to get yield curve data. Get & Transform is used extensively in Chapter 16, Analyzing Datasets with Tables and Pivot Tables, which details its powerful tools for processing data files.
- Chapter 12, Capital Budgeting, now explains how to use an IF statement for calculating the payback period.
- Chapter 13, Risk in Capital Budgeting, includes coverage of the new Histogram chart added to Excel® 2016.
- The chapter on cash budgeting now comes after the chapter on financial ratios so that coverage of financial ratios immediately follows financial statements. This new chapter order provides a logical progression of concepts for students.
- Every chapter includes all-new screen captures that showcase the features in Excel® 2016 as well as provide students with an example of what they will see when they use the program themselves.
- COVERAGE OF THE SOLVER, THE FORECAST SHEET, GET & TRANSFORM, AND PIVOT TABLES HELPS STUDENTS MAXIMIZE POWERFUL EXCEL® TOOLS. Give your students a thorough introduction to more advanced Excel® skills, such as using web queries to download and work with Internet data or using pivot tables for extracting, summarizing, and presenting data in readable form.
- INTRODUCTORY LEVEL IS IDEAL FOR STUDENTS UNFAMILIAR WITH EXCEL®. The eighth edition's reader-friendly approach begins at a basic introductory level that's perfect for learners who are not very familiar with Excel® and then quickly advances to topics that will also challenge those entering the course with a basic understanding of spreadsheets.
- AN EASY-TO-UNDERSTAND PRESENTATION HELPS STUDENTS BUILD UPON SKILLS FROM OTHER SPREADSHEET PROGRAMS. The book's self-directed learning approach and numerous study tools make it an ideal resource for independent learning as well as a valuable reference tool.
- EQUIP STUDENTS WITH BOTH BASIC SKILLS AND ADVANCED FINANCIAL TECHNIQUES FOR USING EXCEL® 2016. This proven, reader-friendly text introduces the fundamentals of using spreadsheets as well as more complex skills for using Excel® 2016 to build financial statements. After establishing a solid foundation, the book launches into more sophisticated techniques for performance evaluation, forecasting, valuation, and capital budgeting.
- COMBINE COMPREHENSIVE FINANCE COVERAGE WITH ESSENTIAL SPREADSHEET SKILLS. Providing much more than a mere spreadsheet book or a text filled with spreadsheet templates, this trusted resource delivers all the advantages of a thorough finance text while empowering your students to effectively solve financial problems using Excel® 2016.
2. The Basic Financial Statements.
3. Financial Statement Analysis Tools.
4. The Cash Budget.
5. Financial Forecasting.
6. Forecasting Sales with Time Series Methods.
7. Break-Even and Leverage Analysis.
8. The Time Value of Money.
9. Common Stock Valuation.
10. Bond Valuation.
11. The Cost of Capital.
12. Capital Budgeting.
13. Risk and Capital Budgeting.
14. Portfolio Statistics and Diversification.
15. Writing User-Defined Functions with VBA.
16. Analyzing Datasets with Tables and Pivot Tables.