Request for consultation
Unlock the 3D artist in you using the incredible power of DAZ Studio and other great tools created by DAZ 3D. You'll discover how to construct, move, and pose figures, how to use lighting to make your art look lifelike, and even how to make the characters you create talk. Offering comprehensive coverage of the DAZ Studio software, FIGURES, CHARACTERS, AND AVATARS, SECOND EDITION: THE OFFICIAL GUIDE TO USING DAZ STUDIO TO CREATE BEAUTIFUL ART will help you become a better artist and show you how to stretch your imagination as you make unique digital art and animation. Included in the book is a gallery of images created by DAZ Studio users.
- BOOK INCLUDES FULL VERSION OF MOST RECENT DAZ STUDIO™ 4.0 SOFTWARE. As the official guidebook to utilizing DAZ Studio™, the edition is accompanied by a full version of the 4.0 no-cost software. Readers learn how to best use this feature-rich, 3D figure posing and animation tool. Instructions and the software enable users of any skill level to easily create stunning digital imagery. DAZ Studio™ provides the perfect tool for designing unique digital art and animation with virtual people, animals, props, vehicles, and more.
- NEW EDITION COVERS THE LATEST DAZ STUDIO™ IN DEPTH. Now readers can learn to maximize all of the latest tools, content, and features with this edition's coverage of the latest, no-cost DAZ Studio™ 4.0 program. Version 4.0 is filled with features and updates that extend well beyond the competition, making the user's design experience simple and fun. Best of all, DAZ Studio™ 4.0 continues to be offered at no cost! Readers delve into improvements that make DAZ Studio™ 4.0 special, such as the Start-Up Wizard that provides users with numerous video tutorial options every time the program opens.
- PROVEN PRESENTATION WRITTEN BY ACCOMPLISHED AUTHOR AND ARTIST. Author and instructor Les Pardew uses his extensive first-hand experience as a recognized leader in the world of interactive entertainment to focus on what readers need to know most. Les' art credits encompass film and video, magazine and book illustration, and more than 100 extremely popular video game titles, such as Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Star Wars, Wrestle Mania, NCAA Basketball, Where in the World/USA is Carman Sandiego?, Rainbow Six, and many others.
- NUMEROUS IMAGES OFFER INSPIRATION. This inspiring, engaging book offers a wealth of appealing images to browse and spark the imagination of readers.
- APPROACH IS IDEAL FOR HIGH SCHOOL OR COLLEGE STUDENTS. The book's clear presentation, written by highly respected graphic designer and art instructor from Brigham Young University's Les Pardew, provides what high school and college students need for success in creative traditional media or 3D animated figures.
- PROVEN PRESENTATION PROVIDES STUNNING RESULTS FOR BEGINNERS AS WELL AS SEASONED ARTISTS. Users of any skill level learn how to easily create stunning digital imagery. The author demonstrates that readers don't have to be experienced artists to have or acquire artistic vision. Whether readers are just beginning or are already avid 3D artists, the explanations and tools found in DAZ Studio™ are ideal for designing unique digital art and animation.
- SIMPLE, INVITING WRITING STYLE OFFERS EASY-TO-FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. All information is clearly presented in lesson format, making it easy to follow and track progress.
- BOOK AND ACCOMPANYING SOFTWARE CONTAINS EVERYTHING THE READER NEEDS. This comprehensive how-to guide with the official accompanying DAZ Studio™ 4.0 provides everything today's artist needs to immediately begin creating traditional media or building 3D avatars and animation.
2. The basics.
3. The scene and camera.
4. The figure.
5. Morphs and how they work.
6. Dressing the figure.
7. Posing the figure.
8. Props, backgrounds.
9. figures to look natural.
10. Lighting the mode.
11. Using models for drawing.
12. Basic animation, key-frames.
14. Adding emotion to animation.
Appendix: Art gallery.