Request for consultation
In the world of design, projects don't come with directions. The "recipe book" approach used by most software books does little to prepare designers for the demands of a highly competitive industry. Exploring InDesign CS4 takes a different approach. With an emphasis on typography and critical thinking, Exploring InDesign CS4 transforms the novice into a professional who is able to use the software while applying industry-standard design principles. In addition to using the new features of Adobe InDesign CS4, users learn to identify each project's challenges and to strategize the best production sequence. Chapters and projects are carefully organized to move learners from basic operations to creating complex documents. Each chapter builds upon the skills presented in the previous chapter. As in industry, the emphasis throughout is on technical accuracy and productivity.
- Effectively meets the need for a visually oriented introduction to basic design principles and the functions and tools of Adobe InDesign CS4.
- Project-based instruction teaches users the production techniques needed to build correct, editable, printable documents.
- Increases skill retention by revisiting core techniques again and again in projects throughout the book.
- Teaches typography in conjunction with the software as a cross-disciplinary approach that enhances learning.
- Supplemental projects at the end of each chapter provide opportunities for learners to apply new skills with minimal direction.
- The accompanying CD contains directions and all the necessary components for completing additional projects that correspond to each chapter's learning goals.
- Written by an author with extensive industry typesetting experience and more than 16 years of experience teaching digital page layout in a classroom setting.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Web Site
The Instructor Companion Site provides additional course content, study aids, and sample test questions to help students succeed in the course. Many Instructor Companion Sites also contain critical-thinking questions, activities, and web links. To access faculty Companion Sites, please visit www.cengage.com/delmar and search by ISBN.
CourseMate Instant Access
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website. CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need!
CourseMate Instant Access
The more you study, the better the results. Make the most of your study time by accessing everything you need to succeed in one place. Read your textbook, take notes, review flashcards, watch videos, and take practice quizzes--online with CourseMate.