Request for consultation
With many software guides serving as high-tech "recipe books," teaching cookie-cutter habits with little relevance to complex, real-world projects, EXPLORING ADOBE INDESIGN CS6 takes a different approach. Emphasizing on fundamental design principles, critical thinking skills, and practical applications to prepare students for professional success, this unique text features step-by-step tutorials, vibrant illustrations, and realistic exercises to engage students' interest while helping them develop essential software skills. Each chapter builds on what students have learned, guiding them from exploring basic operations to creating complex documents with confidence and efficiency. In addition to mastering InDesign CS6--including standard functionality and features new to this release--the text prepares students to analyze new design projects, identify potential challenges, develop effective strategies, and apply industry-standard principles and practices to execute their plans successfully.
- Exciting new projects throughout the book.
- CS6 new features including flexible width columns, recently used fonts and split window.
- New Designer profiles.
- Expanded chapter content to include new CS6 features.
- Revised lesson plans and keyboard shortcut quizzes.
- With over two decades of experiences as an accomplished page layout professional and educator, the authordesigned the text with a strong emphasis on appealing visuals to support student learning and encourage mastery of the material.
- Provides detailed and accurate coverage of features and capabilities specific to Adobe InDesign CS6, and also emphasizes typography and fundamental design principles essential for professional success.
- Instructional content and practical exercises are project-based to help students hone their knowledge and skills while using Adobe InDesign CS6 to create accurate, editable, printable documents.
- Each chapter builds on previous topics and reiterates core techniques to accelerate skill development and retention, while numerous supplemental projects allow students to apply what they have learned with minimal direction.
- Online Artwork and Resource files contain directions and all the necessary components for completing additional projects that correspond to each chapter's learning goals.
2. Type, Tools, and Terms.
3. The Fine Art of Setting Type.
4. Combining Type and Images.
5. Tabs and Tables.
6. Grids, Guides, and Aligning Objects.
7. Text Wrap, Layers, and Effects
8. Type Continuity: Applying Styles.
9. Master Pages and Object Styles.
10. Identity Systems.
11. Designing with Type.
12. Color Essentials.
13. Production Essentials.
14. Basic Graphic Elements.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Web Site
The Instructor Companion Site provides additional course content, study aids, and sample test questions to help students succeed in the course. Many Instructor Companion Sites also contain critical-thinking questions, activities, and web links. To access faculty Companion Sites, please visit www.cengage.com/delmar and search by ISBN.
CourseMate Instant Access
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website. CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need!
CourseMate Instant Access
The more you study, the better the results. Make the most of your study time by accessing everything you need to succeed in one place. Read your textbook, take notes, review flashcards, watch videos, and take practice quizzes--online with CourseMate.