Request for consultation
Now fully updated to the new release of Adobe's Creative Suite, EXPLORING ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR CS5 shows designers how to use this feature-rich software tool to create dynamic design. Written by an author who is an experienced designer and educator known for her user-friendly style, EXPLORING ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR CS5 teaches the must-have software skills and how to use those skills to create exceptional design. The book examines the tools and features of Adobe Illustrator's newest release and shows how to create vector graphics and drawings for both print and the Web with fundamental design elements in mind. Extensive artwork is expertly woven throughout the information-packed format to drive home key design concepts and show the way to great digital illustration.
- Bristle Brush – a new brush type that using opacity variations, creates the effect of using a real brush with bristles.
- Opacity/Transparency settings are now available when working with gradient meshes.
- Shape Builder tool – a new tool to ease a designer's effort to create complex shapes.
- Draw in perspective using the new Perspective Grid as a guide.
- Simplify workflow with multiple artboard, drawing, path, and symbol enhancements.
- CS Live - provides online services and resources that you can access directly from Illustrator.
- A full-color interior provides inspiring examples of the artwork that can be created using Illustrator.
- A back-of-book CD features digital lesson files, tutorials, audio interviews with working designers, and other valuable learning tools.
- A thorough review of Illustrator CS5's tools and capabilities introduces designers to the must-know CS5 features of Adobe's industry-standard digital illustration program including coverage of the new Bristle Brush, Shape Builder tool, Perspective Grid and much more.
- The use of client projects allows readers to take a practical, tools-and-techniques approach to putting what they've learned to work.
- Behind-the-scenes contributions from leading designers show how to find inspiration when your creativity has gone on vacation, how to avoid common software mistakes, how to prepare Illustrator files for production, and many more tips of value to the working designer.
2: The Lay of the Land.
3: Survival Techniques.
4: Drawing Lines and Shapes.
5: Using Color.
6: Value and Texture.
7: Working with Type.
8: Object Composition.
9: Spatial Illusions.
10: Print Publishing.
11: Web Publishing.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
CourseMate Instant Access
CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. This CourseMate will provide you with information on all of the new features and tools of Adobe CS software, as well as state-of-the-art instructional videos provided by Total Training that are assignable and tightly integrated to each chapter. Total Training, Inc. is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
CourseMate Instant Access
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.