Request for consultation
Offering more theory than other texts, ETHICS IN THE WORKPLACE offers readings and more depth of coverage on topics central to studies. Students learn why ethics and philosophy are relative to business through discussion of the theories as well as readings. Cases are drawn from recent journal articles to pique students' interest in whether what happens legally should have happened morally. Study questions at the end of each section and reading test a student's knowledge of the issue and probe deeper into the ethical issues that will face them in the business world.
1. The Relevance of Morality to Business.
2. A Brief Introduction to Ethical Theory.
PART 2: BUSINESS AND THE EMPLOYEE.
3. Bargaining, Due Process, and Employee Participation.
4. Privacy in the Workplace.
5. Sexual Harassment.
6. Safety in the Workplace.
7. Whistleblowing and Employee Loyalty.
8. Insider Trading.
9. Intellectual Property.
PART 3: BUSINESS AND THE CONSUMER.
11. Advertising and Marketing.
12. Corporate Responsibility.
13. Responsibilities of Professionals.
PART 4: BUSINESS AND SOCIETY.
14. Affirmative Action and Comparable Worth.
15. Business and the Family.
16. Business and the Community.
17. Business and the International Community.
18. Business and the Environment.