Request for consultation
Give your students a strong understanding of the legal, ethical, and societal implications of information technology with Reynolds' ETHICS IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, Fifth Edition. The latest edition of this dynamic text provides up-to-date, thorough coverage of notable technology developments and their impact on business today. Students will examine issues surrounding professional codes of ethics, file sharing, infringement of intellectual property, security risk assessment, Internet crime, identity theft, employee surveillance, privacy, compliance, social networking, and the ethics of IT corporations. This book offers an excellent foundation in ethical decision-making for current and future business managers and IT professionals. Unlike typical introductory Information Systems books that cover ethical issues only briefly, ETHICS IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY provides thorough coverage to prepare the individuals responsible for addressing ethical issues in today's workplace. Students will learn how to examine ethical situations that typically arise in IT and gain practical advice for addressing the relevant issues. Up-to-the-minute business vignettes and thought-provoking questions challenge students' knowledge, while features focused on decision-making--including updated Manager's Checklists--provide brief, critical points to consider in making key business decisions. Trust ETHICS IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, Fifth Edition, to equip your students with the understanding of IT and ethics needed for confident decision-making and professional success.
- NEW AND EXPANDED COVERAGE PROVIDES INSIGHTS INTO TODAY'S MOST IMPORTANT ETHICAL ISSUES. The Fifth Edition includes thoughtful coverage of key issues that are affecting IT professionals and influencing professional ethics, such as IT roles with the greatest opportunity for employment in 2012-2016, cloud computing, virtualization, cyberterrorism and hacktivism, and privacy in relation to big data applications.
- NEW, UP-TO-THE-MINUTE BUSINESS VIGNETTES AND THOUGHT-PROVOKING QUESTIONS BRING ETHICAL CONCEPTS TO LIFE. Engage your students while exploring memorable, practical applications of the ethical concepts they are learning with the Fifth Edition's new, contemporary business vignettes. New, thought-provoking questions in each chapter further highlight key topics.
- ADDITIONAL, UPDATED END-OF-CHAPTER EXERCISES PROVIDE VALUABLE PRACTICE. The Fifth Edition offers more--and more varied--end-of-chapter exercises to encourage critical application of chapter concepts. Students will practice principles they've learned with revised Self-Assessment Questions, Discussion Questions, and What Would You Do? features, while updated cases based on real business scenarios include questions to check understanding.
- UPDATED MANAGER'S CHECKLISTS EMPHASIZE KEY CONSIDERATIONS FOR STRONG BUSINESS DECISIONS. These useful Manager's Checklists offer your students brief, helpful reminders of practical questions to ask and critical points to consider when making important business decisions.
- UNIQUE APPROACH CREATES ONE OF THE FEW TECHNOLOGY-SPECIFIC ETHICS BOOKS AVAILABLE. This book has wide application in today's information technology field, where ethics are becoming more and more important. The author's unique focus helps readers better understand the legal, ethical, and societal implications of information technology today.
- IN-DEPTH EXAMINATION OF ETHICAL SITUATIONS PROIVDES PRACTICAL INFORMATION FOR BUSINESS MANAGERS AND IT PROFESSIONALS. This unique text addresses a full range of ethical issues related to IT in substantial depth and detail. Information is directed specifically to the needs of the people who are primarily responsible for addressing ethical issues in the workplace: business managers and IT professionals. The author explores different ethical situations that typically arise in IT and offers practical advice for addressing these issues.
- EXCELLENT FOUNDATION EQUIPS READERS FOR FUTURE DECISION-MAKING. This book and the proven features it offers, such as Manager's Checklists, provide an exceptional, solid foundation for current and future business managers and IT professionals responsible for ethical decision-making.
2. Ethics for IT Professionals and IT Users.
3. Computer and Internet Crime.
5. Freedom of Expression.
6. Intellectual Property.
7. Software Development.
8. Social Networking.
9. Ethics of IT Organizations.
Appendix A: Brief Introduction to Morality.
Appendix B: Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
Appendix C: Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) Code of Ethics.
Appendix D: Software Engineering Code of Ethics and Professional Practice.