Request for consultation
Appropriate for Introduction to Ethics or Contemporary Moral Issues courses, this comprehensive and challenging ethics text combines ethical theories with contemporary social issues. Conflicts and debates internal to each issue are distinctly presented
1. Historical Texts.
2. Plato, Aristotle and Aquinas.
3. Hobbes and Hume.
4. Rousseau and Kant.
5. Bentham and Mill.
6. Marx and Nietzsche.
7. Contemporary Theory: Communitarianism.
8. Contemporary Theory: Feminism.
Part II: SOCIAL ISSUES.
9. Contemporary Readings.
11. Affirmative Action.
12. Censorship and Hate Speech.
16. Punishment and the Death Penalty.