Request for consultation
ESSENTIALS OF BUSINESS ANALYTICS provides coverage over the full range of analytics--descriptive, predictive, prescriptive--not covered by any other single book. It includes step-by-step instructions to help students learn how to use Excel and powerful but easy to use Excel add-ons such as XL Miner for data mining and Analytic Solver Platform for optimization and simulation. Extensive solutions to problems help instructors master material and grade student assignments.
- This book offers topical coverage over the full range of analytics--descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive. It integrates several important analytics topics not covered by any other single book. It integrates a traditional quantitative methods curriculum with the concepts of data visualization and data mining that are of growing importance to students who will work in a world inundated with data. The coverage we provide is an elementary introduction accessible to an undergraduate, but rooted in practicality.
- InfoTrac® Student Collections are specialized databases expertly drawn from the Gale Academic One library. Each InfoTrac® Student Collection enhances the student learning experience in the specific course area related to the product. These specialized databases allow access to hundreds of scholarly and popular publications - all reliable sources - including journals, encyclopedias, and academic reports. Learn more and access at: http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- Clear exposition and excellent examples have been written for each topic.
- This book offers a strong orientation towards visual presentation of data and results.
- Excel is completely integrated throughout the book, so students learn the latest methods for solving practical problems. It includes step-by-step instructions to help students learn how to use Excel to apply material in the book. It also includes by-hand calculation approaches to convey insights when this is appropriate.
- Step-by-step instructions show students how to use various software programs to perform the analyses discussed in the text. It uses easy-to-use but powerful Excel add-ons such as XL Miner for data mining and Analytic Solver Platform for optimization and simulation.
- Appendices provide valuable coverage of data management including the use of Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Practical, relevant problems at a variety of difficulty levels help students learn the material. Applications are drawn from all functional business areas: finance, marketing, operations, etc. Data sets are available for most exercises and cases.
- Detailed, step-by-step solutions for the problems help instructors master the material and grade student assignments.
- There is a wide range of problems to select for assignments.
2. Descriptive Statistics.
3. Data Visualization.
4. Linear Regression.
5. Time Series Analysis and Forecasting.
6. Data Mining.
7. Spreadsheet Models.
8. Linear Optimization Models.
9. Integer Linear Optimization.
10. Nonlinear Optimization Models.
11. Monte Carlo Simulation.
12. Decision Analysis.
Appendix A: Basics of Excel.
Appendix B: Data Management and Microsoft Access.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Solutions Manual
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.