Request for consultation
Praised by instructors for its concise, focused approach and user-friendly format, the Illustrated Series engages both computer rookies and hot shots in mastering Microsoft Office 2013 applications quickly and efficiently. Skills are accessible and easy-to-follow thanks to the Illustrated Series' hallmark 2-page layout, which allows students to see an entire task in one view. New Learning Outcomes outline the skills covered in each lesson, and larger full-color screens represent exactly what students should see on their own computers. Each unit begins with a brief overview of the principles of the lesson, and introduces a case study for further application.
- Updated Working in the Cloud Appendix.
- New Integrated Applications Projects Appendix.
- New SAM Projects Appendix with instructor-authored projects.
- Cognero Testing.
- Updated appendix on Office 365 helps students learn to use Office in the cloud.
- Concise, to-the-point instruction helps students of all levels learn essential skills for using Microsoft Office 2013—including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, as well as Windows, Internet Explorer, Outlook and essential computer concepts.
- Unique 2-page spread keeps learners of all levels engaged and on track by presenting an entire task in a single view.
- Predicts commonly made mistakes and offers "Quick Tips" and "Troubles" within the step-by-step directions to help students avoid typical errors and pitfalls.
- Makes concepts relevant with end-of-chapter Independent Challenges and Visual Workshops.
- Serves as a great reference both during and after the course.
- Covers Microsoft Office 2013 features and functionalities.
- Includes a unit on Essential Computer Concepts, covering basic computer literacy topics such as understanding types of computers, input and output, memory, storage, security, and application software.
- Learning outcomes for each 2-page lesson mapped to assessments, including SAM Assessment and SAM Projects.
- Product design help keep students engaged and on track.
- Capstone projects, SAM Projects, and integrated applications projects provide additional exercises for reinforcement and assessment.
Understanding Essential Computer Concepts
Unit A: Getting Started with Windows 8
Unit B: Understanding File Management.
Unit C: Getting Started with Microsoft Office 2013.
Unit D: Creating a Document.
Unit E: Enhancing a Document.
Unit F: Adding Special Elements to a Document.
Unit G: Creating and Enhancing a Worksheet.
Unit H: Using Complex Formulas, Functions, and Tables.
Unit I: Working with Charts.
Unit J: Creating a Database.
Unit K: Working with Data.
Unit L: Creating Database Reports.
Unit M: Creating a Presentation.
Unit N: Polishing and Running a Presentation.
Unit O: Integrating Office Programs.
Appendix A: Working in the Cloud.
Appendix B: Integrating Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access 2013.
Appendix C: SAM Projects
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Web site
The Instructor Companion Site helps you make the most of your course with teaching aids and information on using the text. Key Features include: QuickCheck Answers provide a simple self-test for students before moving to the next session. Instructor's Manual summarizes the tutorial sections, figures, boxed elements, and contains teacher tips, and classroom/lab activities. The manual provides all of the resources you need to teach your course with efficiency while giving you tips on how to engage your students. Customizable PPT Lecture Presentations outline key concepts and terms from each tutorial, saving you time in preparation for class. Additional Projects provide extra practice to ensure students understand the material prior to exams. Customizable Sample Syllabi outline policies, assignments, exams, and other course information to help you set up your course with ease.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to: author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions, create multiple test versions in an instant, and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want.