Request for consultation
EMERGENCY GUIDE FOR DENTAL AUXILIARIES, 4E contains the information and instruction needed in order to effectively handle a medical emergency in the dental office. In addition to basic technical instruction, this new edition provides up-to-date information on First Aid techniques, legal concerns, and safety procedures. A new design helps to better illustrate core concepts and increase comprehension. "Emergency Basics" boxes outline the sequence of steps for recognizing a medical emergency as well as action points to assist the patient.
- “Test Your Knowledge” boxes appear throughout the chapters to reinforce content and student understanding.
- Brand new design strengthens presentation of chapter content, and is enhanced by a variety of updated illustrations and photographs.
- Additional case studies have been added to each chapter to emphasize dental emergency protocols and real-world applications.
- "Emergency Basics" boxes highlighted in each chapter provide quick access to the signs, symptoms, and First Aid steps to managing various medical emergencies.
- Review questions and problem-solving scenarios allow students to review and apply the textbook’s content.
- Updated information about emergency protocols for CPR and airway obstruction among other essential skills.
- Coverage of all major medical emergencies and an accompanying action plan for the dental professional.
1. Office Preparation
2. Medical History
3. Vital Signs
Section II: Altered Consciousness Emergencies
5. Seizure Disorders
6. Diabetes Mellitus
7. Cerebrovascular Accident
Section III: Respiratory Distress Emergencies
10. Airway Obstruction
Section IV: Cardiovascular Emergencies
11. Angina Pectoris and Myocardial Infarction
12. Cardiopulmonary Respiration
Section V: Immune System Emergencies
13. Allergic Reactions
Section VI: Legal Issues in Emergency Care
14. Occupational Hazards and Emergenvies
15. Legal Problems of Emergency Care
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resources includes PowerPoint presentations for each core textbook chapter, computerized test bank,additional case studies and an Instructor’s Manual.