Request for consultation
Packed with real-world examples, actual business cases, and a wealth of hands-on applications, ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, 11E continues to lead the market with its cutting-edge coverage of all things e-commerce. The new edition maintains the popular structure of prior editions while providing comprehensive coverage of emerging online business strategies, up-to-the-minute technologies, and the latest developments from the field. Balancing technological issues with the strategic business aspects of successful e-commerce, it equips students with a solid understanding of the dynamics of this fast-paced industry. It provides thorough coverage of e-commerce growth in China and the developing world, social media and online marketing strategies, technology-enabled outsourcing, online payment processing systems, and much more. In addition, "Business Case Approaches" and "Learning From Failure" boxes feature the experiences of actual companies to illustrate real-world practice in action.
- Completely updated with new examples and the latest developments from the field, market-leading ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, 11E includes the most current coverage available while maintaining the previous edition's proven structure.
- Expanded coverage illustrates how social media are effectively used in online marketing and growth strategies.
- New discussions focus on emerging issues in technology-enabled outsourcing.
- The latest developments in online payment processing systems are covered in detail.
- Strong pedagogic organization and features, such as review questions, help students maximize their study time--and course success.
- Providing opportunities for further independent study, each chapter concludes with a comprehensive list of resources that serves as a starting point for readers who want to learn more about text topics.
- Complementing the textbook, the Online Companion includes links to online resources that illustrate the concepts presented in the text.
- Offering unparalleled insight, ELECTRONIC COMMERCE examines the impact of the 2009 recession--and the subsequent recovery--on e-commerce.
- Providing a global perspective, the text thoroughly explores the rapid e-commerce growth in China and the developing world.
- This market leader continues to deliver solid coverage of such emerging and expanding issues as first mover advantage and alternative revenue strategies, the use of smart phones in online business, the role of branding in online sales, recent developments in online sales of music and videos, new forms of text advertising, social networking, mobile commerce, developments in microlending, online customer relationship management tools, and much more.
- Using actual business cases--such as those found in the intriguing "Learning from Failure" boxed feature--the text captivates students with real-world examples of successful and unsuccessful online business strategies while offering insight into the struggles, accomplishments, and excitement of e-commerce.
- Cases in every chapter enable students to put what they've learned into real-life practice. Each chapter includes two cases, giving readers plenty of hands-on experience applying text concepts to actual situations faced by real companies.
1. Introduction to Electronic Commerce.
2. Technology Infrastructure: The Internet and the World Wide Web.
PART II: BUSINESS STRATEGIES FOR ELECTRONIC COMMERCE.
3. Selling on the Web.
4. Marketing on the Web.
5. Business-to-Business Activities: Improving Efficiency and Reducing Costs.
6. Social Networking, Mobile Commerce, and Online Auctions.
7. The Environment of Electronic Commerce: Legal, Ethical, and Tax Issues.
PART III: TECHNOLOGIES FOR ELECTRONIC COMMERCE.
8. Web Server Hardware and Software.
9. Electronic Commerce Software.
10. Electronic Commerce Security.
11. Payment Systems for Electronic Commerce.
PART IV: INTEGRATION.
12. Planning for Electronic Commerce.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
CourseMate, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access
CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook.
CourseMate, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access
The more you study, the better the results. Make the most of your study time by accessing everything you need to succeed in one place. Read your textbook, take notes, review flashcards, watch videos, and take practice quizzes-online with CourseMate. Access to this product is valid for 6 months after initial log-in.