Request for consultation
E-commerce continues to have a dramatic impact on virtually every aspect of business. And following the 2009 recession on electronic commerce, its role is even more critical. Packed with the most cutting-edge coverage available, ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, 10e equips students with a solid understanding of the dynamics of this fast-paced industry. It delivers comprehensive coverage of emerging online business strategies and technologies in the electronic commerce marketplace. By detailing how the landscape of online commerce is evolving, this market-leading text reflects changes in the economy and how business and society are responding to those changes. Balancing technological issues with the strategic business aspects of successful e-commerce, the new edition includes expanded coverage of e-commerce growth in China and the developing world, social media and online marketing strategies, technology-enabled outsourcing, and the latest development in online payment processing systems.
- Examines the impact of the 2009 recession on electronic commerce.
- Covers the recent rapid e-commerce growth in China and the developing world.
- Explains how social media are being used in online marketing and growth strategies.
- Discusses emerging issues in technology-enabled outsourcing.
- Includes the latest developments in online payment processing systems.
- Complementing the textbook, the Online Companion links to online resources that illustrate the concepts presented in the text.
- Thoroughly revised and updated, the exciting Tenth Edition of ELECTRONIC COMMERCE delivers solid coverage of such emerging and expanding issues as first mover advantage and alternative revenue strategies, the use of smart phones in online business, the role of branding in online sales, recent developments in online sales of music and videos, new forms of text advertising, social networking, mobile commerce, developments in microlending, and online customer relationship management tools.
- Illustrating important points with actual business cases, including the "Learning from Failure" feature, captivates students with real-world examples of successful and unsuccessful online business strategies, the book gives students insight into the struggles, accomplishments, and excitement of e-commerce.
- Cases in every chapter enable students to put what they've learned into practice. Each chapter includes two cases, giving readers plenty of hands-on experience applying text concepts to actual situations faced by real companies.
- Providing opportunities for further independent study, each chapter concludes with a comprehensive list of resources that serves as a starting point for readers who want to learn more about text topics.
2. Technology Infrastructure: The Internet and the World Wide Web.
3. Selling on the Web.
4. Marketing on the Web.
5. Business-to-Business Activities: Improving Efficiency and Reducing Costs.
6. Social Networking, Mobile Commerce, and Online Auctions.
7. The Environment of Electronic Commerce: Legal, Ethical, and Tax Issues.
8. Web Server Hardware and Software.
9. Electronic Commerce Software.
10. Security for Electronic Commerce.
11. Payment Systems for Electronic Commerce.
12. Planning for Electronic Commerce.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
CourseMate, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access
CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook.
CourseMate, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access
The more you study, the better the results. Make the most of your study time by accessing everything you need to succeed in one place. Read your textbook, take notes, review flashcards, watch videos, and take practice quizzes-online with CourseMate. Access to this product is valid for 6 months after initial log-in.