Request for consultation
Equip your students with the knowledge and skills to maintain and troubleshoot today's complex heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems with REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING TECHNOLOGY, 7th Edition. Now celebrating its 25th anniversary, this time honored best seller provides the exceptional hands-on guidance, practical applications, latest technology, and solid foundation your students need to fully understand today's HVAC service and repair, its environmental challenges, and their solutions. Focused on sustainable technology in today's HVAC/R industry with an emphasis on new technologies and the latest advancements in the industry, the 7th edition has been updated to include more on Green Awareness, LEED accreditation and building performances with two new chapters on Energy Audits and Heat Gains and Losses. This edition covers the all-important soft skills and customer relation issues that impact customer satisfaction and employment success. Memorable examples, more than 260 supporting photos and unique Service Call features emphasize the relevance and importance of what readers are learning. Trust Refrigeration and Air Conditioning TECHNOLOGY 7E to provide the reader-friendly, clear and accurate coverage of critical skills your students need for HVAC/R success.
- A new chapter on Residential Energy Audits (Unit 39) provides the depth of information needed for successful analysis and work in this growing area.
- A new chapter on Heat Gains and Heat Losses in Buildings (Unit 42) equips students with the background and skills to identify and correct the environmental challenges in today's structures.
- This edition offers new insights and coverage of customer relations and the technician soft skills that play a critical role in customer satisfaction.
- Placing importance on green awareness, this text covers advanced refrigerant leak detection, carbon dioxide refrigeration, newer alternative refrigerants, and as well as LEED accreditation and many of the progressive new technologies in use today in the HVAC/R fields.
- New engaging DVD visually REINFORCES new topicS AND CONTENT FROM latest edition. A fresh, new 80-minute DVD, separate from the text's existing DVD set, introduces the new topics in this edition, using engaging memorable video examples. A new Student DVD option provides the full 7E DVD set in a convenient format with a student-friendly price.
- Your students see the skills that they've learned put into actual practice. Real technician service calls featured throughout this edition provide a real-world quality to the text and put your students into a service mode of thinking. Students see the relevance and importance of the principles they're learning with these unique applications.
- This book details all of the information your students need on technician certification. The authors introduce all of the key organizations that support both voluntary and mandatory technician certification for the industry.
- With the growing emphasis on Green Awareness and global warming, this book prepares your students with the knowledge they need. The book familiarizes students with key organizations and their present and future goals on how to ensure green buildings and green mechanical rooms throughout the country.
- This edition's expanded section on Career Opportunity includes a comprehensive list of current career opportunities available in today's HVAC/R field.
- To ensure your students have the necessary background and understanding, this edition covers SEER ratings in detail with designated chapters throughout the book.
1. Heat and Pressure.
2. Matter and Energy.
3. Refrigeration and Refrigerants.
Section II: SAFETY, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT, SHOP PRACTICES.
4. General Safety Practices.
5. Tools and Equipment.
7. Tubing and Piping.
8. Leak Detection, System Evacuation and System Clean-up
9. Refrigerant and Oil Chemistry and Management—Recovery, Recycling, Reclaiming, and Retrofitting.
10. System Charging.
11. Calibrating Instruments.
Section III: BASIC AUTOMATIC CONTROLS.
12. Basic Electricity and Magnetism.
13. Introduction to Automatic Controls.
14. Automatic Control Components and Applications.
15. Troubleshooting Basic Controls.
16. Advanced Automatic Controls—Direct Digital Controls (DDC) and Pneumatics.
Section IV: ELECTRIC MOTORS.
17. Types of Electric Motors.
18. Application of Motors.
19. Motor Controls.
20. Troubleshooting Electric Motors.
Section V: COMMERCIAL REFRIGERATION.
21. Evaporators and the Refrigeration System.
24. Expansion Devices.
25. Special Refrigeration System Components.
26. Application of Refrigeration Systems.
27. Commercial Ice Machines.
28. Special Refrigeration Applications.
29. Troubleshooting and Typical Operating Conditions for Commercial Refrigeration.
Section VI: AIR CONDITIONING (HEATING AND HUMIDIFICATION).
30. Electric Heat.
31. Gas Heat.
32. Oil Heat.
33. Hydronic Heat.
34. Indoor Air Quality.
Section VII: AIR CONDITIONING (COOLING).
35. Comfort and Psychrometrics.
36. Refrigeration Applied to Air Conditioning.
37. Air Distribution and Balance.
39. Residential Energy Auditing
40. Typical Operating Conditions.
Section VIII: ALL-WEATHER SYSTEMS.
42. Heat Gain and Heat Loss in Buildings.
43. Air Source Heat Pumps.
44. Geothermal Heat Pumps.
Section IX: DOMESTIC APPLIANCES.
45. Domestic Refrigerators and Freezers.
46. Room Air Conditioners.
Section X: COMMERCIAL AIR-CONDITIONING AND CHILLED-WATER SYSTEMS
47. High-Pressure, Low-Pressure, and Absorption Chilled-Water Systems.
48. Cooling Towers and Pumps.
49. Operation, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting of Chilled-Water Air-Conditioning Systems.
50. Commercial Rooftop, Packaged, Variable Refrigerant Flow, and Variable Air Volume Systems.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resources include PowerPoint presentations for each core textbook chapter, computerized test bank, Instructor's Manual, and other text-specific resources.