Request for consultation
Offering the most current coverage available, ELECTRICAL WIRING COMMERCIAL, Sixteenth Edition, is completely revised and up to date with the 2017 National Electrical Code®. Extremely reader-friendly, this trusted text has long been popular with instructors and students alike. Vibrant, full-color illustrations and photographs help bring key concepts to life and make even difficult material easier to understand. The new edition provides stronger emphasis on green technologies and new developments within electrical design and installation, as well as expansive coverage of safety in the workplace.
- Updated to reflect the 2017 National Electrical Code®.
- The text covers major changes to chapter 1 of the 2017 NEC®, including revised definitions of "Readily Accessible" and "Structure," and a requirement to use a calibrated torque measuring device for tightening wire terminals.
- Chapter 2 updates for the 2017 NEC® include directions for distance from a sink for GFCI protection, requirement of GFCI protection in non-dwelling crawl spaces, new receptacle requirements for meeting rooms, sealing requirements for raceways that enter a building, clarification of connection to grounding electrodes, and significant revision of rules for equipment grounding conductors in parallel.
- The text reflects updates to chapter 3 of the 2017 NEC® such as revisions related to derating for raceways on rooftops and sizing of weep holes,
- Chapter 4 no longer features rules on dimmer-controlled receptacles, includes requirements for equipment grounding conductors in some raceways installed on rooftops for HVAC equipment, and revises requirements for receptacles on portable receptacles.
- Both metric and English measurements are used to appeal to readers of all backgrounds and make text content more universal.
- A convenient Crisscross Code Index allows readers to quickly and easily reference specific content and code requirements.
- With up-to-date illustrations, real-world examples, and cutting-edge coverage, ELECTRICAL WIRING COMMERCIAL, Sixteenth Edition, has been a highly popular, widely trusted resource for generations of students and professionals.
- Full-color drawings, diagrams, illustrations, and product photographs bring chapter concepts to life, add clarity to explanations, and improve understanding.
- Green technologies in electrical design and installation are spotlighted throughout the text, drawing attention to these increasingly important aspects of modern electrical wiring.
- A wealth of practical, real-world examples reinforce key calculations and concepts throughout the text, making it easier for readers to see the practical applications of chapter material.
2. Reading Electrical Working Drawings--Entry Level.
3. General Requirements for Conductors.
4. Branch Circuits.
5. Switches and Receptacles.
6. Wiring Methods.
7. Motor and Appliance Circuits.
8. Feeder Installation and Load Calculation.
9. Special Systems.
10. Working Drawings--Upper Level.
11. Special Circuits (Owner's Circuits).
12. Panelboard Selection and Installation.
13. The Electric Service.
14. Lamps and Ballasts for Lighting.
16. Emergency, Legally Required Standby, and Optional Standby Power Systems.
17. Overcurrent Protection: Fuses and Circuit Breakers.
18. Short-Circuit Calculations and Coordination of Overcurrent Protective Devices.
19. Equipment and Conductor Short-Circuit Protection.
20. Low-Voltage Remote Control.
21. The Cooling System.
22. Commercial Utility-Interactive Photovoltaic Systems.
Appendix A: Electrical Specifications.
Appendix B: Useful Formulas.
Appendix C: NEMA Enclosures Types.
Appendix D: Outdoor Air Temperatures for Selected U.S. Cities.
Appendix E: Metric System of Measurement.
Appendix F: Glossary.
Appendix G: Electrical Symbols.
Appendix H: Bender Guide.
Plans for a Commercial Building (Attached to the Inside Back Cover).
Sheet A1: Plot Plan, East Elevation, West Elevation.
Sheet A2: Architectural Floor Plan: Basement.
Sheet A3: Architectural Floor Plan: First Floor.
Sheet A4: Architectural Floor Plan: Second Floor.
Sheet A5: Elevations: North and South.
Sheet A6: Sections: Longitudinal, Transverse.
Sheet E1: Electrical Working Drawing: Basement.
Sheet E2: Electrical Working Drawing: Entry Level.
Sheet E3: Second Floor Electrical Plan.
Sheet E4: Panelboard & Service Schedules, One-Line Diag.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download PowerPoint presentations, an image gallery, instructor's manual, and customizable test banks.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
A set of building plans is included with the printed text to help students apply each chapter's concepts in an actual industrial building. These plans are also packaged and available separately.
A set of building plans is included to help you see how each chapter's concepts are applied in an actual industrial building. These plans are also packaged and available separately.