Request for consultation
Written for students aspiring to become electricians, ELECTRICAL TRANSFORMERS AND ROTATING MACHINES, 4e delivers comprehensive coverage that reflects real-world practice. Completely up to date, it includes expansive coverage of magnetic measurements, exponential curves, control transformers, transformer nameplates, transformer sizing calculations, transformer installation, three-phase variable autotransformers, and more. The Fourth Edition is also completely up to date with changes from the NEC 2014 code. Offering the ideal blend of theory and practical applications, the text integrates hands-on experiments throughout, giving students firsthand experience putting chapter concepts into practice.
- Thoroughly revised to reflect the latest developments and practices from the field, including new information on transformer nameplates, transformer sizing calculations, three-phase variable autotransformers, and much more.
- More comprehensive than ever, the Fourth Edition includes expanded coverage of magnetic measurements, exponential curves, control transformers, and transformer installation.
- Includes updated changes to the 2014 NEC©.
- Thoroughly revised to reflect the latest developments and practices from the field, ELECTRICAL TRANSFORMERS AND ROTATING MACHINES, 4e provides the most current and comprehensive coverage available. The text now includes extended coverage of magnetic measurements.
- Additional explanations of exponential curves ensure students have a solid understanding of this key topic.
- The Fourth Edition offers increased coverage of control transformers.
- New information is included on transformer nameplates and transformer sizing calculations.
- Expanded coverage of transformer installation has also been added.
- Coverage of three-phase variable autotransformers is now included.
- An excellent resource for anyone in the electrical trades, ELECTRICAL TRANSFORMERS AND ROTATING MACHINES, 4e delivers quick access to comprehensive information on single- and three-phase transformers, DC generators, and motors.
- The text offers the ideal combination of theory and practical applications, providing valuable insight for readers interested in employment within the industrial electrical field.
- Nine experiments integrated throughout the book give readers hands-on experience putting chapter theory and concepts into practice.
- Offering ultimate flexibility, text units are divided into specific sections that permit the subject to be taught in any order the instructor chooses.
- The text was written with the assumption that the student has knowledge of Ohm's law and basic electrical theory - enabling you to focus specifically on transformers and rotating machines.
2. Magnetic Induction.
3. Inductance in Alternating-Current Circuits.
4. Single-Phase Isolation Transformers.
6. Current Transformers.
7. Three-Phase Circuits.
8. Three-Phase Transformers.
9. Single-Phase Loads for Three-Phase Transformers.
10. Transformer Installation.
11. Transformer Cooling.
12. Transformer Maintenance.
14. Direct Current Generators.
15. Direct Current Motors.
17. Three-Phase Motors.
18. Single-Phase Motors.
19. Motor Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
20. Motor Nameplate Data.
21. Motor Installation.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor's manual, videos, and more.