Request for consultation
Completely up to date with the 2014 edition of the National Electrical Code, RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION ACADEMY: HOUSE WIRING, 4e delivers a concrete approach to teaching the latest and best practices in residential electrical wiring. This vividly illustrated, full-color text is based on the HBI National Skill Standards that cover the skill sets necessary to achieve a first job in construction or as an electrician. The text provides thorough coverage of "green" topics, sustainable building practices, alternative energy systems, and much more. "From Experience" sections address common residential wiring practices and scenarios, while "Caution" boxes emphasize the ongoing importance of safety. In addition, the text's stellar supplement package includes a wealth of support materials for instructors, a hands-on student workbook/lab manual, and all-new 3D immersive simulations to help students prepare for real-world practice.
- Reflecting the latest practices from the field, all material in RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION ACADEMY: HOUSE WIRING, 4e is updated to the 2014 edition of the National Electrical Code.
- "Green" elements and practices are integrated throughout the text.
- More engaging than ever, the new Fourth Edition offers an expanded number of full-color illustrations.
- An increased number of end-of-chapter review questions helps reinforce chapter concepts to ensure thorough student understanding.
- Some new procedures have been added to better illustrate and help students understand house wiring practices.
- An all-new 3D immersive performance ‘game’, “Delmar Online Training Simulation: Residential Wiring” that offer students a wealth of stimulating practice with concepts and skills covered in the text.
- The Instructor's Resource CD includes as Word documents extra safety tests for power tools.
- Comprehensive coverage in Ch. 22 Alternative Energy System Installation includes photovoltaics and small wind turbines.
- A wealth of end-of-chapter review questions reinforce material covered and improve student critical thinking skills--helping students maximize their study time and course success.
- End-of-chapter task procedures promote proficiency in both knowledge and the skills associated with the particular task.
- "From Experience" sections address common residential wiring practices and scenarios, providing numerous opportunities for readers to apply what they have learned.
- "Caution" boxes throughout the book emphasize the ongoing importance of safety in every stage of wiring installation.
- An English and Spanish glossary is included.
- The text's thorough instructor supplement package includes a comprehensive print Instructor's Guide with detailed curriculum and exercises.
- A comprehensive, hands-on workbook/lab manual helps students gain a solid understanding of chapter concepts.
- RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION ACADEMY: HOUSE WIRING, 4e provides in-depth coverage of such key topics at hardware and materials, tools, meters, and print reading.
- In addition to an entire chapter devoted to green wiring practices, "green" coverage is integrated throughout the text and includes sustainable building practices as they apply to house wiring.
2. Hardware and Materials Used in Residential Wiring.
3. Tools Used in Residential Wiring.
4. Test and Measurement Instruments Used in Residential Wiring.
5. Understanding Residential Building Plans.
6. Determining Branch Circuit, Feeder Circuit, and Service Entrance Requirements.
7. Introduction to Residential Service Entrances.
8. Service Entrance Equipment and Installation.
9. General Requirements for Rough-In Wiring.
10. Electrical Box Installation
11. Cable Installation.
12. Raceway Installation.
13. Switching Circuit Installation.
14. Branch-Circuit Installation.
15. Special Residential Wiring Situations.
16. Video, Voice and Data Wiring Installation.
17. Lighting Fixture Installation.
18. Device Installation.
19. Service Panel Trim-Out.
20. Checking Out and Troubleshooting Electrical Wiring Systems.
21. Green Wiring Practices.
22. Alternative Energy System Installation.