Request for consultation
Discover how award-winning educator and author Chuck Williams does management like no one else with the latest edition of EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT. This captivating text and comprehensive package helps you reach all of the students in your management course with the learning style or combination of learning approaches that are ideal for their individual needs. Brief, clearly identified sections and a chapter outline system reflect how today's multi-task-oriented students learns best. Fresh visuals, the latest examples, and meaningful applications reflect management practices today. Proven learning features move students beyond simple memorization to explore individual and group decision making, consider practical ethics, and even inventory personal management abilities using self-assessments.
- MindTap helps you elevate student thinking by enabling students to demonstrate that they can both think and act like managers through a progression of content, including experiential exercises. MindTap™ is a personalized, fully online digital learning platform that engages students through a carefully designed chapter-based learning path which includes the MindTap Reader eBook, assignments developed for the most important concepts in each chapter, brief quizzes, interactive self-assessments, and a set of web applications known as MindApps. MindApps range from Kaltura (insert inline video and audio into your curriculum) to ConnectYard (create digital "yards" through social media-all without "friending" your students).
- MindTap Reader elevates the printed textbook experience into a fully immersive package, including powerful MindTap assets such as flashcards and note-taking abilities, along with interactive figures within the text that facilitate student comprehension.
- A truly unique breakthrough in MindTap is the inclusion of online role-play exercises and group activities. These experiential exercises help students to "think and act like managers" by giving them opportunities to collaborate online, apply course concepts, and create solutions to realistic management problems. These assignments enable students to practice the kind of technical, human, and conceptual skills that today's companies say they want in the managers they hire. Accessible to students and teachers only within MindTap, this turnkey homework solution works for both online and on-ground students. No other educational product offers this unique combination of value-adding, skill-building content and collaborative work tools.
- Examples have been added, including companies such as Apple, Toyota, Jeep, Facebook, Netflix, eBay, Starbucks, Reddit, IKEA, and Walt Disney World.
- The MindTap learning system offers a dynamic way to bring course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that are fully integrated with this edition of the text.
- "What Would You Do?" chapter-opening cases place students in well-known companies as managers. They can resolve actual management issues as these intriguing chapter-opening cases personalize dilemmas and highlight common managerial challenges related to chapter content.
- Students gain a better understanding of their management potential with an entire suite of Self-Assessments. These Self-Assessments also are available in an interactive format within the MindTap platform.
- In the midst of today's conflicting and ever-changing research results, "What Really Works" features use the meta-analysis research tool (a study of studies) to analyze conflicting or multiple theories. Students see what management strategies are effective in each situation. This features serves as an excellent tool for initiating class discussion.
- Chuck Williams weaves the latest management stories and intriguing examples throughout this edition to help students connect management theory and application in a way they both understand and enjoy. The book's student-centered approach uses a numbered chapter outline system and small sections of text to guide today's busy student through multiple study sessions.
2. Organizational Environments and Cultures.
3. Ethics and Social Responsibility.
Part II: PLANNING.
4. Planning and Decision Making.
5. Organizational Strategy.
6. Innovation and Change.
7. Global Management.
Part III: ORGANIZING.
8. Designing Adaptive Organizations.
9. Managing Teams.
10. Managing Human Resource Systems.
Part IV: LEADING.
13. Managing Communication.
Part V: CONTROLLING.
15. Managing Information.
16. Managing Service and Manufacturing Operations.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
The "On the Job" videos are available within MindTap and on DVD and include highly-engaging studies of real organizations applying the principles covered in the text. Companies profiled include Honest Tea, Stew Leonard's, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your learning management system, your classroom, or wherever you want!