Request for consultation
As one of the most practical and applied texts available, EFFECTIVE HUMAN RELATIONS incorporates hundreds of examples of real human relations issues and practices in successful companies. The authors continue to build on the latest workforce developments, global trends, and communication technologies that influence human relations. Self-assessments and self-development opportunities throughout the book teach students to assume responsibility for improving their personal skills and competencies. This comprehensive 13th edition addresses topics of emerging importance, with expanded coverage of generational differences and changing issues women and men face in the workplace. The text explores goal-setting, the root causes of negative attitudes, the importance of ""personal branding"" and social media in the job market, emotional intelligence, happiness and positive psychology, and the most vital elements organizations need today to create a dynamic and thriving company culture.
- End-of-chapter materials have been dramatically expanded and enhanced to provide even more great resources to help you master key concepts, develop skills, and build self-knowledge.
- Content has been thoroughly revised and updated with the latest thinking, theories, and data on many of the most important topics of our times: cultural intelligence, communication technologies, communication skills, self-esteem, conscious living, work-life balance, strengths and talents, and moral and ethical choices.
- Providing real-life examples of human relations in the workplace, this edition incorporates dozens of new examples from large companies such as PricewaterhouseCooper, Cisco Systems, Microsoft, and Zappos. You'll also learn about smaller yet equally interesting companies, including The Container Store, Borrego Solar Systems, Stew Leonard's Markets, the New Belgium Brewing Company, and Joie de Vivre Boutiques.
- Try Your Hand activities encourage in-depth practice and thinking.
- You Play the Role scenarios and engaging role-play exercises provide hands-on experience for students to practice the concepts learned in the chapter.
- Human Relations in Action features emphasize "how-to" tips and practical, memorable examples from today's real organizations and businesses.
- How-To features provide straightforward steps that guide students in mastering concepts and building skills to enhance their careers.
- This text establishes seven major themes of effective human relations: communication, self-awareness, self-acceptance, motivation, trust, self-disclosure, and conflict resolution.
1. Introduction to Human Relations.
2. Improving Personal and Organizational Communications.
Part II: CAREER SUCCESS BEGINS WITH KNOWING YOURSELF.
3. Understanding Your Communication Style.
4. Building High Self-Esteem.
5. Personal Values Influence Ethical Choices.
6. Attitudes Can Shape Your Life.
7. Motivating Yourself and Others.
Part III: PERSONAL STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING HUMAN RELATIONS.
8. Improving Interpersonal Relations with Constructive Self-Disclosure.
9. Achieving Emotional Balance in a Chaotic World.
10. Building Stronger Relationships with Positive Energy.
11. Developing a Professional Presence.
Part IV: IF WE ALL WORK TOGETHER.
12. Team Building; A Leadership Strategy.
13. Resolving Conflict and Dealing with Difficult People.
Part V: SPECIAL CHALLENGES IN HUMAN RELATIONS.
14. Responding to Personal and Work-Related Stress.
15. Valuing Work Force Diversity and Inclusion.
16. The Changing Roles of Men and Women.
Part VI: YOU CAN PLAN FOR SUCCESS.
17. A Life Plan for Effective Human Relations.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Contains DVD Guide Instructor Manual, PowerPoints, and TestBank.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access for Reece's Effective Human Relations: Interpersonal And Organizational Applications
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.