Request for consultation
Equip your students with a solid global understanding of today's microeconomic principles while introducing the latest thinking on important microeconomic phenomena in Boyes/Melvin's MICROECONOMICS, 10E. Now you can clearly illustrate the connections between key microeconomic principles and actual business practices with this book's reader-friendly approach, carefully integrated learning features, memorable examples, and unique global emphasis. Timely revisions and the latest microeconomic statistics ensure your course incorporates the most recent data and developments. Revised microeconomics materials emphasize the fundamentals and practical application of concepts to current events. Microeconomics coverage highlights the current debate on government economic intervention and discussion of the Economic Freedom Index. Your students gain an in-depth understanding of globalization and its impact on microeconomics today. Effective, leading teaching and learning technology and a full range of supplements, including the best-selling Aplia™ homework system, MindTap Personalized Learning Experience, and a new Interactive eReader, help you create a microeconomics course that highlights the importance of microeconomic concepts in business today.
- MINDTAP PROVIDES ONLINE PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE. MindTap for MICROECONOMICS, 10E goes well beyond an eBook, a homework solution, digital supplement, resource center website, course delivery platform or Learning Management System. It combines all of these and more to create the Personal Learning Experience. MindTap allows you to bring microeconomics concepts in the text to life with interactive media, your own readings and lectures or videos, homework, and integration with your LMS. It's all together in one easy to navigate learning tool.
- NEW INTERACTIVE EREADER CLEARLY COMMUNICATES CONCEPTS WITH A FULL DIGITAL READING EXPERIENCE. This interactive eReader offers much more than a printed page on the digital screen. In addition to full search functionality, students can highlight text, take notes and use smart-links to locate previous chapters or relevant figures. The eReader provides a variety of media assets to address the challenges that often impede learning. From beginning to end, this is a truly digital reading experience, designed to deliver microeconomic concepts in the most efficient and effective way.
- NEW GRAPHING-AT-A-GLANCE VIDEO TUTORIALS BRING GRAPHS TO LIFE. Embedded within the interactive eReader, these Graphing-at-a-Glance video tutorials allow students to see graphs physically move along the axes. Created by Dr. John Min of Northern Virginia Community College, these videos walk beginning students through basic graphing concepts, challenges, and graphing analyses via animated graphs. Students quickly understand how graphs work and what shifts or movements along the curves mean in a microeconomics context.
- NEW CONCEPTCLIPS CLARIFY DIFFICULT MICROECONOMICS TERMINOLOGY. Embedded throughout the interactive eReader, new ConceptClips address the challenge of understanding microeconomic terminology that students face when first introduced to the subject. Developed by Mike Brandl of The Ohio State University, these vocabulary animations provide a memorable auditory and visual representation of the important terminology for the course.
- ECONOMICALLY SPEAKING AND NOW YOU TRY IT FEATURES ARE NOW AVAILABLE DIGITALLY. For your convenience, this edition of MICROECONOMICS now offers two popular print features –- Economically Speaking and Now You Try It -- in digital format with helpful follow-up questions.
- NEW WRITE EXPERIENCE HELPS STUDENTS REFINE THEIR WRITING ABILITIES. This useful program guides students in writing more effectively without adding to your workload! Write Experience uses artificial intelligence to score student writing assignments instantly and accurately. The program also provides students with detailed revision goals and feedback on their writing.
- NOTABLE CHANGES KEEP YOUR COURSE AS CURRENT AS POSSIBLE. Updated examples throughout the text, extensive revisions to the chapter on elasticity, further development of the debate on government economic intervention, and discussion of the Economic Freedom Index keep your instruction up to date with current developments. You'll also find additional material on game theory, updated information on health care costs, and a detailed examination of income distribution.
- UNIQUE, PROVEN LEARNING FEATURES IMPROVE COMPREHENSION AND STUDENT PERFORMANCE. This popular text's one-of-a-kind, proven pedagogical program helps improve both comprehension and performance. Students attain the knowledge and skills to succeed in class and to develop an understanding of core microeconomic principles essential for success throughout their careers.
- FUNDAMENTAL QUESTIONS DIRECT STUDENTS' FOCUS TO KEY ISSUES. As students read and prepare for class, this book's useful Fundamental Questions for each chapter help focus students' attention to key microeconomics issues. Chapter summaries and the book's supplements further reinforce these themes and effectively guide students' study.
- CONVENIENT, INTEGRATED REFERENCING SYSTEM ENABLES STUDENTS TO WORK EFFICIENTLY. With this book's integrated referencing system, students can easily explore and review the topics they need more, allowing them to work more efficiently and effectively.
- LEADING APLIA™ ONLINE HOMEWORK SYSTEM INCREASES STUDENT ENGAGEMENT. The most successful online product for microeconomics is now fully integrated with this text. Aplia™ offers interactive tools to help prepare your microeconomics students and increase student effort and engagement--without requiring more work from you. Students stay on top of coursework with regularly scheduled homework assignments while Aplia's™ high quality automatic grading provides detailed, immediate feedback. A new eReader offers new media assets and tools for learning graphing and vocabulary.
- ECONOMIC INSIGHT BOXES RELATE CONCEPTS TO CURRENT EVENTS. Economic Insights throughout this edition highlight some of today's most current events to focus readers' attention on the relevance and real-world applications of microeconomics concepts in the chapter. These engaging features help students carefully consider a wide range of topics from an informed economic perspective.
- THE LATEST ECONOMICALLY SPEAKING AND COMMENTARY FEATURES HIGHLIGHT THE ECONOMIC IMPACT OF TODAY'S MOST IMPORTANT WORLD EVENTS. Introduce your students to recent newspaper and magazine articles that highlight important world events and their economic causes and consequences with Economically Speaking and Commentary features at the end of each chapter. These familiar, interesting, and memorable examples help your students appreciate the importance of the material they are learning in your course. For your convenience, Economically Speaking is now also available digitally.
- REVISED COVERAGE OF MICROECONOMIC TOPICS FURTHER CLARIFIES THE FUNDAMENTALS AND THEIR APPLICATION TO CURRENT EVENTS. Meaningful examples and revisions to various key chapter ensure students better understand microeconomics concepts and the importance of microeconomics in business today.
2. Scarcity and Opportunity Costs.
3. Markets and the Price System.
4. The Aggregate Economy.
5. Using Economics to Understand the World Around You.
6. Elasticity: Demand and Supply.
7. Demand: Consumer Choice.
8. Supply: The Costs of Doing Business.
9. Profit Maximization.
10. Perfect Competition.
12. Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly.
13. Markets and Government.
14. Antitrust and Regulation.
15. Resource Markets.
16. The Labor Market.
17. The Capital Market.
18. The Land Market and Natural Resources.
19. Current Issues: Income, Income Distribution, Poverty, and Government Policy.
20. World Trade Equilibrium.
21. International Trade Restrictions.
22. Exchange Rates and financial Links between Countries.