Request for consultation
Created through a "student-tested, faculty-approved" review process with an extensive number of students and faculty, ECON: MACRO, 3E is an engaging and accessible solution that accommodates the diverse lifestyles of today's learners at a value-based price – all without sacrificing content. ECON: MACRO, 3E truly leads by example as award-winning instructor and author Will McEachern takes a "just-in-time" approach -- introducing material just as it is needed to develop an argument. Dr. McEachern "teaches by example," using familiar examples and illustrations drawn from students' actual daily lives to vividly demonstrate that when students show up for class the first day, they each come with at least 17 years of first-hand, life experiences in making intuitive economic choices and dealing with economic institutions and events. Using a decidedly user-friendly tone, Dr. McEachern connects these life experiences to key macroeconomic concepts. ECON: MACRO, 3E's clear vibrant illustrations and reader-friendly, magazine-style presentation help maintain student interest throughout your course. Students learn from today's latest economic developments and examples, from the impact of the 2007-2009 recessions to the stimulus package and the Fed's aggressive actions to stabilize the economy. Chapter-in-Review cards and leading online resources, such as Aplia™ and CourseMate, work with this edition's well-crafted approach to help your students master microeconomics principles while saving you valuable time.
- NEW FIFTH ERA IN CHAPTER 5 REFLECTS THE MOST RECENT DEVELOPMENTS FROM THE RECESSION AND BEYOND. Keep your students up to date on the very latest macroeconomic developments as a new fifth era now in the Introduction to Macroeconomics (Ch. 5) covers the recession of 2007-2009 and beyond.
- COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS NEW METHOD OF ESTIMATING ECONOMIC GROWTH IN THIRD-WORLD COUNTRIES. As part of coverage capturing the latest Economic Developments (Ch. 20), fresh material highlights a new method of estimating economic growth in countries where data is poor or nonexistent.
- OPTIONAL COURSEMATE ONLINE RESOURCES SUPPORT INTERACTIVE LEARNING AND CLASS ENGAGEMENT. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed text and this new, optional text-specific website. ECON: MACRO3 CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools. CourseMate steps beyond the book to deliver an interactive eBook and engaging teaching and learning tools, including quizzes, flashcards, videos, and more. Engagement Tracker, a first-of-its-kind tool, helps you monitor student engagement in your course.
- ADDITIONAL EXPLANATION NOW FURTHER DETAILS HOW GDP IS COMPUTED. Familiarize your students with GDP and how it is computed with additional, new clarification and explanations in Chapter 6.
- REORGANIZED KEY CHAPTERS CLARIFY DISCUSSION OF TODAY'S MOST RECENT EVENTS. This edition now has reorganized chapters to reflect the key events and increased interest in the recession. The chapter on the U.S. economy now appears earlier (Cch. 6) in response to increased interest in the recession and short-run fluctuations. The chapter on unemployment is now Chapter 7 and the chapter on growth is now Chapter 8. All three of these key chapters highlight the effects of the recession.
- REVISED GDP FIGURES REFLECT THE LATEST INFORMATION. All GDP figures in this edition's Chapter 9 are revised to reflect 2005 chained dollars. This chapter also closely examines today's market demand for investment.
- NEW COVERAGE EXAMINES LONG-TERM UNEMPLOYMENT. This edition now offers a fresh, new discussion and examination of the impact of long-term unemployment (Ch. 11) in today's economy.
- NEW EXAMINATION OF STIMULUS PACKAGE PROVIDES STUDENTS WITH BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THIS LATEST DEVELOPMENT. As part of the book's reflection of today's latest events and developments in macroeconomics today, this edition takes a close look at the stimulus package in Chapter 12.
- NEW MATERIAL REFLECTS THE LATEST CHANGES IN TODAY'S BANKING REGULATIONS. You can be sure you are presenting the latest changes in the industry to your students as this book's coverage reflects the most up-to-date changes in today's banking regulations (Ch. 15).
- NEW COVERAGE EXAMINES THE FED'S AGGRESSIVE ACTIONS TO STABILIZE THE ECONOMY AND MORE. Give your students a look at recent and relevant macroeconomic concepts in action. This edition discusses and evaluates the aggressive policies by the Fed to stabilize the economy (Ch. 16). Students also examine the most recent monetary policy developments.
- SHORTENED MACRO POLICY DEBATE OFFERS SHARPER FOCUS. This edition's examination of the Macro Policy Debate in Chapter 17 is more brief with a pointed look at the more active role of fiscal policy in recent years.
- AN INNOVATIVE COMBINATION OF CONTENT IN PRINT AND ONLINE PROVIDES A SOLID CORE TEXT AND WEALTH OF COMPREHENSIVE MULTIMEDIA TEACHING AND LEARNING ASSETS. Based on extensive input from student focus groups and surveys and from interviews with more than 150 faculty and students, this magazine-style core text and wealth of integrated multimedia teaching and learning resources produce an engaging and accessible solution that appeals to different learning styles at a value-based price.
- SHORTER, COMPREHENSIVE CHAPTERS COMMUNICATE MACROECONOMIC CONCEPTS WITHIN A MODERN DESIGN. This edition uses an engaging and accessible format to deliver complete macroeconomics content without minimizing coverage for your course.
- CHAPTER-IN-REVIEW CARDS AT THE BACK OF THE STUDENT EDITION PROVIDE STUDENTS WITH A PORTABLE STUDY TOOL. Chapter-in-Review Cards contain all of the pertinent information students need for effective class preparation.
- INSTRUCTOR PREP CARDS MAKE CLASS PREPARATION SIMPLE. Detachable Instructor Prep Cards for each chapter, conveniently located in the back of the Instructor's Edition, offer a quick map of chapter content, a list of corresponding PowerPoint® and video resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions to help you organize chapter content efficiently.
- A FULL SUITE OF UNIQUE LEARNING TOOLS APPEAL TO DIFFERENT LEARNING STYLES. Extensive online study tools are available to students with the purchase of a new book. Multimedia resources include online quizzing, audio downloads, video podcasts and more, only a click away.
- CONTENT AND RESOURCES PROVIDE A SUPPLEMENT PACKAGE THAT IS SECOND TO NONE. This edition provides all of the content and resources you expect with a supplement package that includes Aplia® leading homework solution, CourseMate comprehensive online tools, PowerPoint® slides, an Instructor's Manual, Test Bank, and ExamView™.
- LEADING APLIA™ ONLINE HOMEWORK SYSTEM INCREASES STUDENT EFFORTS AND ENGAGEMENT. The most successful online product for economics is now fully integrated with the ECON: MACRO3 text. Aplia™ offers interactive tools help prepare your economics students and increase student effort and engagement--without requiring more work from you, the instructor. Students stay on top of coursework with regularly scheduled homework assignments while Aplia's high quality automatic grading provides detailed, immediate feedback.
- EXAMPLE-DRIVEN APPROACH CONNECTS MACROECONOMIC CONCEPTS TO FAMILIAR STUDENT EXPERIENCES. Award-winning author Will McEachern leads by example, introducing each economic idea by using common everyday student experiences to help bridge the gap between what students already know and the unfamiliar world of macroeconomics.
- "RULES OF THE GAME" IN EACH CHAPTER EMPHASIZE CONCEPTS SHAPING MARKETS AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENTS. Within each chapter author Will McEachern emphasizes intriguing "rules of the game" that are shaping markets and promoting economic development, such as the protection of intellectual property rights. These intriguing discussions capture students' attention and emphasize the relevance of what students are learning.
1. The Art and Science of Economic Analysis.
2. Economic Tools and Economic Systems.
3. Economic Decision Makers.
4. Demand, Supply, and Markets.
Part II: FUNDAMENTALS OF MACROECONOMICS.
5. Introduction to Macroeconomics.
6. Tracking the U.S. Economy.
7. Unemployment and Inflation.
8. Productivity and Growth.
9. Aggregate Expenditure.
10. Aggregate Expenditure and Aggregate Demand.
11. Aggregate Supply.
Part III: FISCAL AND MONETARY POLICY.
12. Fiscal Policy.
13. Federal Budgets and Public Policy.
14. Money and the Financial System.
15. Banking and the Money Supply.
16. Monetary Theory and Policy.
17. Macro Policy Debate: Active or Passive?
Part IV: THE INTERNATIONAL SETTING.
18. International Trade.
19. International Finance.
20. Economic Development.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website for McEachern's ECON Macro, 5th
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor's manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® for McEachern's ECON Macro
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Every question has undergone a series of accuracy checks and anti-piracy reviews, as well as a multi-point inspection to remove weak question options (e.g. all answers are correct), sharpen ambiguous questions, and ensure balanced coverage of major course concepts, difficulty levels, and Bloom's Taxonomy. The test bank questions form the basis for the assessments in the ECON Macro Online product, and are different from the Practice Quizzes available for students.