Request for consultation
ECG Practical Application Pocket Reference Guide is an easy to use, comprehensive reference tool for use by all levels of clinicians, EMS providers, educators and any students of electrocardiography related to patient care. With its easy to use chapter design both students and practicing professionals can use this pocket guide to quickly obtain the answer to many commonly encountered arrhythmias, their ECG characteristics, signs and symptoms and proposed interventions on the job. This pocket guide includes medication profiles, a list of related abbreviations, a quick review of assessment and interventions and normal ranges and variations in the adult ECG. The organization of this reference guide continually reminds users that the ECG shows us the clues, not the disease.
- Each arrhythmia is presented followed by ECG characteristics and patient signs/symptoms as well as related initial care.
- Concise explanation of angina and related signs and symptoms.
- Discussion on cocaine induced chest pain.
- Proposed interventions are in accordance with current standards and guidelines.
- The tables, figures and narratives are in plain language and terms, making them easier for the reader to comprehend.
- Patient presentation (signs/symptoms) and probable causes are included in the discussion.
- Clear and concise presentation of each arrhythmia with examples promotes quicker comprehension and easier application of subject matter.
- Consistent, step-by-step analysis aides the learner in insight and application.
Table of Contents.
1. Assessment of the Cardiac Patient.
2. The Electrocardiogram.
3. Complications and Management of the Cardiac Patient.
4. Medications, Electrolytes and the ECG.
5. Sinus Rhythm and the Sinus Arrhythmias.
6. Junctional Rhythm and the Junctional Arrhythmias.
7. Atrial Ectopy and the Atrial Arrhythmias.
8. Ventricular Ectopy, Ventricular Arrhythmias, Asystole and Pulseless Electrical Activity.
9. AV Conduction Defects.
10. Electronic Pacemakers.
11. Arrhythmias due to Abnormal Conduction Pathways.
12. Myocardial Infarction.
13. Intraventricular Conduction Defects.
14. Chamber Enlargement and Hypertrophy.
15. Arrhythmias in Pediatric Patients.
Appendix A: Medication Profiles.
Appendix B: Emergency Cardiac Care Guidelines.
Appendix C: Quick Review of Assessment and Interventions.
Appendix D: Glossary.
Appendix E: List of Abbreviations.