Request for consultation
This textbook is a comprehensive book designed for use in a first course in architectural design, construction, and drafting. It is concise and clearly written to help students learn the fundamental concepts and skills necessary for architectural planning, designing, and drawing. Special features such as related math and science features are highlighted and emphasized.
- Text is written in 10 sections, 37 chapters, creating a logical structure for understanding architectural drafting and design concepts in the order usually practiced in architectural design.
- Icons highlight important math and science concepts, enabling the reader to focus on important calculations and science concepts.
- Chapter objectives alert the reader to the important concepts being covered, and key terms are listed and defined in the chapter so the reader will comprehend the vocabulary of architecture and understand abbreviations and symbols.
- End of chapter exercises help the reader hone the skills necessary to create a complete set of drawing plans.
- Abundant appendices provide important reference material for use in future architectural drafting projects. Coverage includes career information, mathematical calculations, standard abbreviations, and synonyms. A glossary of architectural and construction terms reinforces key terms and concepts.
- In addition to an introductory CAD chapter, a series of CAD inserts throughout the entire text provide examples of how CAD is used to perform specific architectural drafting functions.
2. Architectural Drawing
3. Area Design
4. Drawing Plans and Details
5. Presentation Methods
6. Foundations and Construction Systems,
7. Framing Systems
8. Electrical and Mechanical Design,
9. Plan Checks and Support Services,
10. Careers and Related Fields in Architecture,
Glossary of Architectural Terms
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resources provides teaching tips or guidelines, essay questions, answers to review and test questions, key objectives, glossary, appendices and exercises for content reinforcement.
Student Solutions Manual
The Solutions Manual contains worked solutions to problems included in the text.
The student workbook is design to help the user retain key chapter content. Included within this resource are chapter objective questions, key term definition queries, multiple choice, fill in the blank and true or false problems.
The student workbook is design to help you retain key chapter content. Included within this resource are chapter objective questions, key term definition queries, multiple choice, fill in the blank and true or false problems.