Request for consultation
The DEWALT® Construction Safety & OSHA Handbook is an easy-to-understand reference for the complex safety and OSHA regulations that construction professionals face every day. The book provides comprehensive coverage on the requirements, standards, and safe work practices that should be adhered to on any jobsite. Because the more complicated topics have been translated into simple, straightforward terms, workers can spend their time focusing on the OSHA-compliant practices that are emphasized instead of getting bogged down with complicated regulatory language. In essence, this is a tool that truly makes construction safety clear. You won’t want to be without it. Check out our app, DEWALT® Mobile Pro™. This free app is a construction calculator with integrated reference materials and access to hundreds of additional calculations as add-ons. To learn more, visit dewalt.com/mobilepro.
- Valuable how-to resource included that provides guidance for creating a jobsite safety program, as well as numerous forms, checklists, and examples for reference.
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Safety and health programs
- Job hazard analysis guidance
- Safety and health training
- OSHA regulations on safe work practices
- Clear, straightforward explanations of how to comply with OSHA recordkeeping requirements, which eliminate confusion and facilitate comprehension.
- Safety/OSHA inspections
- Accident and incident investigations
- Emergency action plans
- Safety management systems
- Detailed instructions explain what to do during an OSHA inspection, familiarizing readers with the process and preparing them for real-world situations.
- Sample and customizable safety and OSHA forms accessible through dewalt.com/guides
- Introductory OSHA information
1. Workplace Safety – Tragedy to Progress.
2. Introduction to OSHA.
Regulations for the construction industry. State OSHA plans. Enforcement and Inspections. Citations and penalties. Multi-employer worksite policy. OSHA reporting & recordkeeping requirements.
3. Workers' Compensation Insurance.
Workers' Compensation Overview. Safety pays.
4. Safety and Health Programs.
OSHA guidance for developing safety and health programs. Cal/OSHA guidance for developing safety and health programs. Need help developing your program?
5. Job Hazard Analysis Guide.
OSHA Job Hazard Analysis.
6. Safety and Health Training.
OSHA Training guidelines for the construction industry. OSHA 10 and 30 hour training requirements. Online safety training. Safety meetings / tool box talks.
7. OSHA Regulations and Safe Work Practices.
General safety and health provisions. Occupational health and environmental controls. Personal protective and life-saving equipment. Fire protection and prevention. Highway work zones. Materials handling, storage, use, and disposal. Tools – hand and power. Welding and cutting. Electrical. Scaffolds. Fall protection. Cranes and derricks in construction. Motor vehicles and mechanized equipment. Excavations. Concrete and masonry construction. Steel erection. Underground construction. Demolition. Stairways and ladders.
8. Safety inspections.
In house safety inspections. Third party safety inspections.
9. Fundamentals of Accident and Incident Investigations.
Accident versus incident. Accident and incident investigations. Sample accident/incident investigation report. Sample witness statement form.
10. What to do during an OSHA Inspection.
11. Emergency Action Plan.
Emergency action plan checklist. Household emergency plan.
12. Safety Management Systems.
Safety made simple. Documentation. Safety culture.
Appendix A: Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970.
Appendix B: Cal/OSHA Model Injury and Illness Prevention Program for High Hazard Industries.
Appendix C: Sample Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) Form.
Appendix D: JHA-Hazard Control Measures.
Appendix E: JHA-Common Hazards and Descriptions.
Appendix F: OSHA Recordkeeping Forms.
Appendix G: OSHA Posters-English, Spanish and Polish.
Appendix H: Sample Safety Meeting Topics.
Appendix I: Sample Safety Meeting Roster.
Appendix J: Sample Hazard Communication Program.
Appendix K: Sample Fall Protection Plan for Precast Concrete Erection.
Appendix L: Sample Fall Protection Plan for Residential Construction.
Appendix M: Field Method for Identifying Soil Texture.
Appendix N: Guidelines for Establishing a Site-Specific Erection Plan.
Appendix O: Sample Safety Inspection Checklist.