Request for consultation
DENTAL ASSISTING INSTRUMENT GUIDE, 2nd Edition is the ideal pocket study guide, presenting the numerous instruments used in modern dentistry, along with proper functions, parts, and tray set-ups. Instruments for all practice areas are covered in detail, alongside supporting hundreds of color photos that make memorization easy. Compact and organized for quick reference, DENTAL ASSISTING INSTRUMENT GUIDE, 2nd Edition provides the fundamental instrument knowledge dental assistants need for success in the ever-changing field of dentistry.
- Updates have been made throughout to address changes in instruments and equipment.
- New chapters cover disposable equipment and barrier devices, laboratory equipment, and radiography equipment.
- Clarifying Photos: More than 300 full-color photos—including close-ups, instrument tips, and action shots—make this guide ideal for chairside or classroom reference.
- Pocket Friendly: This compact, flashcard-style guide is lightweight and ideally sized for busy dental assistants on the move.
- Worry-Free Set-Ups: Detailed color photos depict tray set-ups for common procedures, and limit errors in preparation.
- Hygiene Help: Icons and color coding provide at-a-glance sterilization procedures and OSHA codes for specific equipment.
2. Disposables and Barriers.
3. Basic Instruments, Evacuation, and Air/Water Syringe.
4. Topical and Local Anesthetic and Nitrous Oxide Sedation.
5. Dental Dam.
6. Dental Unit and Handpieces.
7. Burs, Stones, and Discs.
8. Hand-Cutting Instruments.
9. Diagnostic Aids, Matrices, Instruments for Cements, Bases, and Liners.
10. Amalgam Instruments and Equipment.
11. Composite Instruments and Equipment.
12. Endodontic Instruments.
13. Oral Maxillogacial Surgery Instruments.
14. Orthodontic Instruments.
15. Pedodontic Instruments.
16. Periodontic Instruments.
17. Fixed Prosthodontic Instruments.
18. IMPLANT SYSTEMS.
19. Sterilization Equipment.
20. Laboratory Equipment.
21. Radiography Equipment.