Request for consultation
Bridge the gap between knowledge and clinical application with DELMAR'S CASE STUDIES SERIES: MEDICAL-SURGICAL NURSING 2ND EDITION. This collection of twenty-two unique and provocative real-life scenarios emphasizes holistic nursing care as it helps sharpen critical thinking skills and strengthens clinical competence. Every case contains an introductory "blueprint" of variables that must be considered while evaluating a particular scenario--pertinent information concerning the client, nursing protocol, and setting of care. Each blueprint and case is different, just as each clinical situation is unique. As your students simulate the actual decision-making process, they'll gain valuable experience making informed clinical judgments. The accompanying answers and rationales for each case provide insight into excellent nursing practice and can be used for remediation and discussion.
- Cases are completely up to date, reflecting the latest practices in the field.
- Two new case studies covering Disaster Preparedness are added.
- Cases have been reorganized to follow a "head to toe" approach, with each body system.
- Nursing diagnoses are updated to reflect the 2009-2011 NANDA Definitions & Classifications.
- Each case contains in depth answers and rationales with references for self-assessment.
- Reflecting real-world practice, the cases in Clinical Decision Making: Case Studies in Medical-Surgical Nursing, 2nd Edition help nursing students sharpen their critical thinking skills and gain hands-on experience applying what they have learned.
- Providing comprehensive coverage, twenty-two detailed case studies cover a wide range of topics.
- Case studies progress by difficulty level from easy to moderate to difficult, which can be identified by colored tabs.
- Written by nurses with modern clinical experience, these cutting-edge cases are relevant to the real-world challenges and pressures of practice--offering insight into the realities of today's profession.
- Cases include a wide assortment of variables related to client diversity, prioritization, and legal and ethical considerations.
Cases by Topic.
Comprehensive Table of Variables.
Part I: THE CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM & THE BLOOD.
Case Study 1: Mr. Cowen.
Case Study 2: Mr. McCann.
Part II: THE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
Case Study 1: Mr. Yang.
Case Study 2: Mrs. Harriet.
Part III: THE NERVOUS/NERUOLOGICAL SYSTEM.
Case Study 1: Derek.
Case Study 2: Mrs. Kahn.
Part IV: THE INTEGUMENTARY SYSTEM.
Case Study 1: Mr. Shannon.
Case Study 2: Ms. Champlin.
Part V: THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM.
Case Study 1: Mrs. Kenton.
Part VI: THE HEPATOBILIARY SYSTEM.
Cast Study 1: Mr. Escobar.
Part VII: THE URINARY SYSTEM.
Case Study 1: Mrs. Reese.
Case Study 2: Mr. Rossi.
Part VIII: THE ENDOCRINE/METABOLIC SYSTEM.
Case Study 1: Mrs. Duarte.
Case Study 2: Mr. Kiley.
Part IX: THE MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM.
Case Study 1: Mrs. DiCenzo.
Case Study 2: Mrs. Bagnell.
Case Study 3: Mr. Rodriquez.
Part X: THE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM.
Case Study 1: Ms. Swan.
Case Study 2: Mr. Benjamin.
Case Study 3: Ms. Dalton.
Part 11: CONCEPTS OF DISASTER PREPAREDNESS.
Case Study 1: Natural Disaster.
Case Study 2: Mr. Rocholl.