Request for consultation
Delmar Online Training Simulation: Residential Wiring 2014 (DOTS: RW) guides your students from the basics of residential wiring through actual room-by-room installation in a safe, 3D learning environment. This engaging digital simulation, unlike any other, brings difficult concepts to life through engaging activities. DOTS: RW brings chapters 8 – 18 from the widely used Electrical Wiring Residential, 18th Edition, to life where students can practice wiring 11 different rooms of a house (can be used without book). The simulation is divided into three clear sections. Students initially focus on understanding and mastering wiring basics, including the single-pole switch, three-way switches, GFCI outlets, and more. In the second section, students practice wiring a full 3D house, room-by-room, starting with the wire diagrams through completing the installation. In the final section, students learn to effectively apply the National Electric Code (NEC) to lifelike situations. Each section features dynamic feedback reports on your students’ performances that encourage their advancement and ensure mastery of the skills they need. The achievements dashboard shows how well a user performed on wiring each room and the feedback report provides assessment details.
- UNIQUE 3D PRACTICE IS UNLIKE ANY OTHER TRAINING. Learners have an opportunity to endlessly practice basic and more advanced wire installation skills in a three-dimensional, realistic, and safe environment.
- Smart visual feedback reports let learners quickly assess strengths and weaknesses.
- SEE the 2014 NEC CODE IN ACTION. As learners interact with the simulation, they see the 2014 National Electric Code (NEC) code applied within actual lifelike situations.
- Lighting Branch Circuit descriptions for each room provide initial guidance.
- Each room/module has four modes: Cable Layout, 2D Electrical Layout, 3D Electrical Components, 3D Room View.
- The Wiring Basics section includes seven common residential wiring sequences, plus a Build Your Own Circuit option.